Friends of the Earth U.S. is a 48-year old, progressive environmental organization that is part of the world’s largest federation of grassroots environmental groups. FOE is a hard-hitting environmental advocate who sometimes speak the uncomfortable truth to power. Their programs address a wide range of domestic and international environmental issues, including but not limited to climate and energy, food and agriculture, oceans and water, economic policy and democracy reform.
Friends of the Earth is looking for a Part-time Digital Comunications Associate for their Washington, DC office. This professional will contribute in a meaningful way to FOE’s rapidly growing fundraising, organizing, and advocacy efforts. You will provide support to Friend of the Earth’s membership program by playing a key role in the set-up and implementation of digital communications with members, including supporting members in becoming actively involved in the organization’s advocacy efforts. Although this non-exempt role is only 20 hours a week to start, it could evolve into a full time role as the program continues to grow.
We want to talk to you if you are:
- Passionate about environmental and social justice issues.
- Positive, collaborative and eager to learn new skills.
- Someone who takes direction well and is open to feedback, while listening and respecting the views of others.
- Intelligent and not afraid to ask questions.
- Comfortable working effectively with all organizational levels.
- Sensible, realistic and matter-of-fact.
- A problem solver with a can-do approach.
- Someone who understands that it takes a team effort to meet organizational objectives.
- Proofreading, loading, targeting, and testing content in FOE’s platforms — Salsa and Action Network.
- Coordinating with the Data Systems Administrator on managing the data interface between Salsa and Action Network.
- Producing and sending digital communications of all kinds to members and volunteers.
- Responding to written, email, and phone inquiries from volunteers working in collaboration with paid organizers.
- Reporting on performance and trends you see related to your emails with volunteers and members engaged in organizing.
- SUPERB attention to detail and an excellent memory for detail;
- Talented at working accurately AND quickly while under pressure and with short deadlines;
- Meticulous, but not at the expense of efficiency;
- Not intimidated or frustrated by detailed and technical tasks;
- Eager to follow intricate instructions;
- Able to prioritize duties and multitask;
- Excellent telephone, writing, and personal communication skills;
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook;
- Experience with Salsa CRM or another CRM required
- Experience with Action Network preferred
Friends of the Earth is an equal opportunity employer who encourages applications from women, people of color and other members of underrepresented groups who will contribute to the diversity of its staff. Also, please note that references will be requested during the screening process and final candidates will undergo writing and editing evaluations.