New Belgium Brewing
Asheville, NC, United States
Bachelor's (Or Equivalent)
Please note: this job post has expired! To the best of our knowledge, this job is no longer available and this page remains here for archival purposes only.
This position is responsible for assisting with the daily operations and maintenance of a wastewater treatment plant.
Responsibilities (but not limited to):
- Assists with the daily operation and maintenance of our wastewater treatment plant and compliance with our Permit to Discharge Industrial Waste.
- Daily laboratory analyses on pre- and post-process waters, data analysis, and biogas monitoring.
- Ensures that all wastewater treatment equipment and appurtenances are functioning properly.
- Performs preventative maintenance on wastewater equipment in a timely manner.
- Monitors equipment for potential failures and makes minor repairs or adjustments as needed.
- Performs daily chemical inventories at the PWTP. This may include receiving bulk deliveries, re-ordering, stocking, and handling chemicals in accordance with local and federal regulations.
- Provides on-call response and support for anomalies and failures.
- Inputs, records, and coordinates EAM data.
- Participates in administrative duties required of the job.
- Read and understand control diagrams.
- Read and understand a Process and Instrumentation Diagram.
Desired Skills/Experience (but not limited to):
- A Bachelor’s degree in chemistry, biology, or environmental science is preferred. However, equivalent work experience in wastewater treatment, maintenance, laboratory, or brewing can replace education requirement.
- General knowledge of laboratory analysis, water chemistry, and mechanical aptitude.
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision. Weekend work will be required.
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities, meet deadlines and work well under pressure
- Ability to exercise initiative and judgment as well as make decisions within the scope of assigned authority
- Ability to visualize a concept and implement the concept
- Ability to react to an anomaly by developing and executing contingency and alternate plans for resolving problems and communicate as needed to the appropriate personnel
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or government regulations
- Positive attitude is a must!