Environmental and Sustainability Director (including water stewardship)
Voyant Beauty is looking to add the role of the Environmental and Sustainability Director. This position will be a dual role. The role will provide guidance and leadership to advance Voyant Beauty as a world class responsible partner in business. This role, while actively promoting enterprise-wide EHS3 initiatives (with concentration on environmental) risk mitigation, will help to launch Environmental and Sustainability initiatives for all Voyant locations. In addition to providing strategic leadership for developing and deploying environmental compliance policies, management system elements, sustainability goals, product stewardship and other related programmatic activities, this position is also responsible for overseeing key environmental technical projects across Voyant Beauty while effectively managing both internal and external resources. This role is expected to work cross-functionally in a geographically diverse culture, and should care deeply about the environmental, social, and governance impacts of the Company. This position will work closely with Manufacturing, and at times, Procurement functions to develop strategies that enable achievement of such targets as carbon footprint reduction, material reduction, water stewardship, optimal sourcing, etc. In addition, this role will serve as sustainability subject matter expert for our company, while also representing the company as needed for all federal, state and local reporting requirements and engagement.
- Leadership for the development and deployment of enhanced environmental programmatic strategies that will provide assurance that operations achieve compliance with applicable regulations and Voyant EHS management system requirements
- Tracking and reporting of environmental compliance metrics to closure. This tracking includes engagement with EHS3 team members and the GM of each facility to ensure alignment.
- Leadership for the development, deployment, tracking and reporting of sustainability goals for the company.
- As industry changes, develop as needed, new sustainability goals.
- Effectively collaborate across all businesses actively seeking feedback and input to enhance environmental programs, policies and management systems across Baxter.
- Leadership responsibility to embrace digital innovation to drive continuous improvement through data analytics to reduce risk and with a rigorous focus on leading indicators
- Leadership responsibility to actively engage with businesses/sites to advance multi-media environmental projects providing solutions as needed.
- Overall leadership to effective manage remedial environmental liabilities for the company.
- Proactively partner and collaborate with Legal, Facilities and Operations teams to proactively mitigate risk
- Leadership for the effective development, deployment and administration of associated environmental training programs for various levels across the function
- Leadership for the development and deployment of environmental policies as required to promote engagement and mitigate risk.
- Organize and lead learning teams in response to environmental events and conduct / validate accident investigations to determine root cause and create proactive, sustainable solutions
- Provide direct leadership managing environmental subject matter experts and indirect functional leadership for other environmental professionals across the company.
- Develop, coach and mentor the organization about existing and new Voyant-related topics with the potential to impact the Company, and anticipate and research corporate sustainability trends
- Act as the sustainability communication hub across divisions, functions and stakeholders. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, ensuring that environmental and sustainability communication across all Company is consistent and collaborate to gain the information required for formal reports and social media
Desired Qualifications Qualifications/Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in environmental science or engineering discipline from an accredited university or college
- Minimum 15+ years professional level experience working within the industrial sector managing environmental compliance, management systems, and sustainability goals. ISO 14000 a plus.
- Extensive experience interpreting and applying state and federal environmental regulations, as well as other global environmental regulatory regimes in a manufacturing or R&D environment.
- Proven success managing and actively engaging large teams with a clear vision and positive outcomes in a collaborative environment with a bias for action.
- Executive presence and ability to build trust and win support across various levels within the organization
- Strong communication, presentation and influencing skills. this role will communicate the program strategy and implementation progress to executive leadership and external stakeholders
- Versed in Microsoft applications.
- Travel 30 – 40%
To Staffing and Recruiting Agencies: Our company does not accept unsolicited CVs or applications from agencies. We are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs or applications and explicitly reserve its right to contact candidates presented in such unsolicited CV or application.
Our company provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, sex, color, national origin, sexual orientation, age, disability or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, Voyant Beauty complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.