Intern Water Resources Engineer
What You’ll Get to Do:
Are you looking for a chance to build your career with a company who is Leading with Science? Are you interested in working with a group of talented women and men who drive innovation and celebrate the global community? We are currently seeking an Intern Water Resources Engineer to work in our Irvine, California office.
We are in search of a highly motivated team member to join our family of engineers and scientist who has a strong quantitative skillset to support municipal, state, federal and private projects in the southwest and throughout the nation. In this position you will have the opportunity to apply your academic knowledge to real-world flooding and stormwater problems, while learning the skills needed to be a successful consultant. This is an engaging and high impact position in which you will work closely with national industry leaders to support clients with flood risk management and design, hydrologic and hydraulic (H&H) analysis, water quantity, and watershed management projects. In this role you will work as part of a team. Your work will involve routine and non-routine assignments related to water resources projects of substantial variety and complexity.
Interested in learning more about this exciting opportunity? If so, read on.
More About This Role:
Your responsibilities will include:
- Perform field investigations and inspections
- Conduct hydrologic and hydraulic analysis
- Perform water quantity modeling and flood risk management for levees and dams
- Analyze watershed data using GIS and statistical techniques
- Develop or prepare descriptive charts, figures/maps, and tables/matrices
- Perform writing assignments to contribute to project documentation such as memos and reports
- Support design analysis through application of quantitative and qualitative evaluation techniques
- Assist in the preparation of construction documents (plans and specifications)
- Develop quantity take-offs for construction bid items
- Support cost-benefit analysis
- Assist with quality control and assurance
You’ll Bring These Qualifications:
- Demonstrated educational and relevant work experience showing strong analytical, written and verbal communication skills
- Background in river hydraulics, civil design and/or watershed management
- Must be within a year of graduation with a Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering from an Accredited College or University
- Experience with AutoCAD Civil 3D and/or Microstation and ArcGIS preferred
- Desire to learn other design software programs
- Computer literate; knowledge of MS Word and Excel
- Able to work in the field and assist in the field data collection and surveying
What We Can Offer You:
- Excellence and Achievement awards for our highest performers
- Flexibility that allows our employees to balance quality work and their personal lives
- Competitive benefits package and learning and development opportunities
- Office location near great restaurants, banks, airport, etc.
- Company provided on-site parking
- Easy access to I-405 and I-55
About Tetra Tech:
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of high-end consulting and engineering services for projects worldwide. We combine the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 400 locations around the world. We are Leading with Science® to provide sustainable and resilient solutions for our clients.
At Tetra Tech, we provide a collaborative environment that supports individual performance, innovation, and creativity. We are proud to offer competitive compensation and benefits. Learn more by visiting http://www.tetratech.com/en/benefits.
For more information on our company, please visit our website at www.tetratech.com. To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter on the Careers portion of our website at www.tetratech.com/careers.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Tetra Tech is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.