Associate Director of Flood Risk Management
Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the “why” of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we’re integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
About the opportunity
With expertise in the field of Flood Risk Management and experience of delivery and team management you are a capable local leader and you enjoy having input to strategic decisions that affect the team in your region. You strive for excellence and want to join an already high performing team and to encourage and challenge them to continual improvement in delivery.
You are highly experienced in producing a wide range of deliverables and reviewing and overseeing complex pieces of work. You are keen to be involved in a role that allows you to drive commercially viable and excellent delivery through innovation.
You are involved in developing the business and take responsibility for identifying and targeting new clients and projects and you lead and coordinated complicated and large tenders.
As Technical Lead, you will have excellent communication skills and you must be able to demonstrate experience of project management and/or technical leadership, including oversight of hydrological, hydraulic and environmental inputs, on a variety of flood risk management projects such as:
- Surface Water Management Plans
- Flood Risk Management Strategies
- FCERM Business Case Reports
- Flood Risk Assessments
Wider responsibilities will include:
- Line management of Flood Risk Management Specialists and technical development of less experienced colleagues in the team.
- Management of high-quality outputs following quality assurance procedures
- Identify and pursue new business opportunities and support sales opportunities across the wider business.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
- Undergraduate degree (2:1 or above) in in Engineering, Environmental Science, Geography or a related discipline
- Chartered with ICE or CIWEM
- An inclusive leader who works effectively as part of a diverse team
- Preparation of 5 Case Business Model Reports (SOCs, OBCs) to Flood and Coastal Erosion Risk Management (FCERM) guidance processes –
- Proven ability to lead multi-disciplinary teams in the development of design solutions
- Working knowledge of relevant legislation, planning policy, guides and design standards relating to flood risk management and drainage strategies;
- Demonstrable knowledge of developing client relationships to develop new opportunities
- Extensive experience of quality assurance and technical leadership
- Experienced in solution development and ability to develop, price and agree scope of services plus leading and winning tender opportunities
- Highly experienced in writing and reviewing technical reports and adept in conveying key messages in a simple and clear manner from complex technical documentation
- Highly effective mentoring and training skills to develop and support junior staff.
- Excellent presentation skills with experience of presenting to existing and potential clients, to regulators and stakeholders on behalf of clients, at meetings, within working teams and at conferences.
We clear the way for inventive thinking so you have the support, means and space to deliver the boldest solutions for the extraordinary and every day. Jacobs. A world where you can.
We’re invested in you and your success. Our values stand on a foundation of safety, integrity, inclusion and diversity. We put people at the heart of our business and we truly believe that by supporting one another through our culture of caring, we all succeed. We value positive mental health and a sense of belonging for all employees.
We aim to make inclusion and diversity core attributes of our identity, embedded in all our employment and business practices in all locations. We know that if we are inclusive, we’re more connected, and if we are diverse, we’re more creative.
Jacobs partners with VERCIDA to help us attract and retain diverse talent. For greater online accessibility please visit www.vercida.co.uk to view and access our roles.
As a Disability Confident employer, we will interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for a vacancy. We welcome applications from candidates who are seeking flexible working and from those who may not meet all the listed requirements for a role.
If you have any queries regarding the application process, please contact the team here.
Successful candidates will be asked to complete a Baseline Personnel Security Standard Pre-Employment check and will be required to undergo various checks including: Identity, Right to Work; Employment/Education History and Criminal Record. If you are unable to meet this and any associated criteria, then your employment may be delayed or rejected.
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.