Water Resources Manager
Amazon is looking for a results-oriented individual to join the AWS water infrastructure team. In this role, you will execute projects in EMEA related to water based cooling system infrastructure with internal teams including construction, operations, engineering and project commissioning teams and with general contractors, water vendors and local utilities. You will be responsible for executing multiple water projects across different geographies, monitoring operational metrics and ensuring system reliability after project hand-off to the regional operations team. You will also be the subject matter expert for all issues pertaining to water and wastewater treatment systems, and will be called upon to lead design and maintain reliability of water treatment facilities. You will support broader AWS goals around being responsible stewards of water resources in EMEA. If you have an understanding of water based critical cooling infrastructure for large-scale building operations and understand the constructability of varying designs, you may be a good fit.
The Water Projects Engineer will be responsible for the following:
· Engineer, implement and monitor water treatment/operations projects and identify optimal design criteria for scaling projects to full-scale deployment across different regions.
· Work with internal teams to trouble shoot problems and conduct Root Cause Analysis (RCA) and Corrective Action (CA) for design and fleet deployed water systems.
· Work with local water utilities to understand and coordinate site utility requirements, site inspections and compliance with federal, state and municipal requirements and building codes.
· Ensure reliability and maintenance of water systems needed for data center cooling.
· Support and wherever necessary test and validate installation, operation, and performance of water treatment equipment and associated mechanical system.
· Interface with internal engineering, operations, real estate and environmental health and safety teams to promote standards that maintain consistency and reliability in services delivered.
· Work to enable the use of reclaimed or recycled water for cooling purposes, including working with local utilities to develop, design and construct needed infrastructure
· Work on concurrent projects in multiple geographical regions.
· Travel for site review and conduct engineering evaluations, audits, and site launches.
· Up to 40% EMEA and Global travel requirements for project execution.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical/Chemical/Civil Engineering
· Expertise in water chemistry and conventional/membrane water treatment technologies for industrial applications
· 7+ years work experience either in delivering water infrastructure projects, disinfection, and bacterial control in building water systems or in water/wastewater civil engineering.
· Experience reading and interpreting construction drawings and equipment specifications and able to carry design concepts through exploration, development, and into deployment/scalable implementation.
· Strong understanding of mechanical/plumbing related to data centers or industrial buildings including but not limited to: chillers (air-cooled and water-cooled), pumps, cooling towers, heat exchangers, air handling units, air economizers.
· This position is based in Dublin, Ireland.
· 10+ years of direct experience with the construction, operation, or maintenance of water and wastewater treatment equipment fleet management.
· Advanced degree in Mechanical/Chemical/Environmental/Civil Engineering.
· Analytical mindset that can identify gaps in requirements during project development, predict performance, and have the ability to provide water treatment recommendations with limited information.
· Knowledge of water and wastewater regulations in EMEA.
· Delivering results working with cross functional business teams including engineering, construction, real estate, public policy, legal and business development