Regional Environmental Manager (Central Region)
Our team is seeking a Regional Environmental Manager (REM) who will lead and drive environmental operational excellence across our Amazon North America Customer Fulfillment (NACF) US Non-Sort operations within the Central United States (IL, IN, KS, MS, MI, SC, TN, WI) . They will also provide technical support at our existing operations and future expansion across the region.
This role is responsible for ensuring strategy and operational tactics are executed by providing technical support for existing operations and future expansion across multiple facilities within their region.
This role will be virtually based in Central United States and will report to the NACF Business Environmental Leader through the Amazon Environmental Assurance and Protection organization. The REM will travel up to 50%.
The Regional Environmental Manager will also partner with the NACF operations leadership teams in their region to execute company environmental procedures and ensure compliance with all applicable specific Federal, State and Local regulations.
The REM will send clear, concise and consistent messages, both verbally and in writing. The REM uses program and environmental regulatory knowledge and demonstrate this expertise when working with teams throughout the United States. The REM will deliver a strategy for execution across multiple businesses supported by your leadership team.
-Utilize risk assessments and compliance evaluations, to lead continuous improvement initiatives to minimize environmental aspects and impacts and communicate and implement best practices.
-Manage and execute multi-site responsibilities to comply with air emissions, storm-water, waste, wastewater and other environmental related laws, regulations and permits, which includes required Federal, State and local reporting such as USEPA, EPCRA/SARA, Form R, and Tier II, state mandated permit reporting, and other required reporting as needed
-Develop and maintain relationships with business partners to support their success in environmental compliance, performance and sustainability initiatives
-Manage and execute business conformance with Amazon Environmental policies through effective execution of Amazon Operational Environmental Procedures
-Develop relevant environmental procedures as dictated by business and regulatory needs. Train and monitor to ensure proper execution
-Provide strategic environmental support and regulatory review for future business growth and expansion
-Partner with operations, special projects and support teams in supporting the change management process
-With continual scaling of organization, will grow to manage a team to successfully support business needs
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 6+ years of experience serving as an business environmental leader, regional manager, technical resource, program specialist, and/or program manager
- Experience using written and verbal communication skills, including interfacing with site and regional leaders
- Experience and ability to dive deep with engineering teams to understand operations process for environmental risk assessment
- Knowledge of US state and federal environmental regulations
- Experience engaging with Regulatory Agency in permit application
- Experience managing change in multiple site environments and the ability to influence peers and superiors
- Bachelor’s Degree in civil, chemical or environmental engineering or environmental related field of study
- Broad knowledge of North America environmental regulations
- Experience in logistics is preferred
- Experience demonstrating a high level of interpersonal skills to work effectively with others and achieve results
- Strong analytical skills with demonstrated problem solving ability
- Ability to develop and implement department goals and strategies
- Ability to adapt well to fast-paced environments with changing circumstances, direction, and strategy
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and the use of pivot tables and the development of charts and graphics
- Ability to manage multiple sites/remotely
-Excellent ownership, and solid leadership engagement skills
-Effective communicator, sending clear, concise and consistent messages, both verbally and in writing.
-Possess proficiency in program and environmental regulatory knowledge and demonstrate this expertise when working with teams throughout the operations
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.