ECODIT is seeking a Project Assistant/Project Associate to support the project implementation and business development teams in the water and environment practices areas, by providing support to ongoing ECODIT projects, assisting with business development efforts, and conducting research on international development topics related to the water and environment fields, as needed.
- Research country development needs, challenges, and opportunities in the water, environment, and NRM, and other topics, as needed;
- Provide project administration/backstopping and program management support, including organizing logistics for and attending meetings, preparing and disseminating meeting notes, developing information materials, providing document/knowledge management, and reviewing expense reports from consultants and subcontractors;
- Support proposal development efforts by providing report summaries, drafting inputs, and creating graphics, tables, and charts;
- Assist with recruiting efforts using ECODIT’s online talent management database, screening and contacting potential candidates, and editing/formatting CVs; and
- Other duties, as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree (Project Assistant position) or Master’s degree (Project Associate position) in international development, engineering, sciences, public policy, economics, or another related field, with significant coursework in water, environment, and/or natural resources management;
- Excellent research and analytical abilities and quantitative skills;
- Strong written and oral communication skills in English;
- High levels of organization and attention to detail;
- Sound judgment and initiative;
- Ability to multi-task;
- Ability to work independently in a flexible small-business environment;
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office, particularly Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; and
- Fluency in at least one relevant language other than English is a plus.
This position offers an excellent opportunity for professional and career development within a reputable small business poised for significant growth. Compensation is commensurate with background and experience. Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and CV immediately. ECODIT is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Only select candidates will be contacted; no phone calls or emails please.