Senior Program Leader (Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG))
The ESG Program Leader is a member on Tesla’s ESG (Sustainability) Council and will play a key role in developing and directing Tesla’s ESG strategy, driving and monitoring progress on defined ESG goals, and communicating Tesla’s accomplishments to internal and external stakeholders.
- Work with Tesla’s ESG (Sustainability) Council consisting of leaders representing multiple business functions to develop and implement Tesla’s ESG strategy.
- Make recommendations to the ESG Council regarding ESG disclosures, ESG metrics and goals, and reporting standards and frameworks.
- Actively track trends and developments in ESG disclosures and communicate implications to the ESG Council.
- Work with Tesla’s ESG Council to plan, organize and drive ESG initiatives for achieving Tesla’s ESG goals.
- Collaborate with leaders representing multiple business functions to incorporate ESG metrics into short and long-term planning.
- Develop and maintain tools and mechanisms to evaluate track and report on progress towards Tesla’s ESG goals.
- Prepare Tesla’s responses to ESG surveys and questionnaires.
- Analyze data to track trends and initiate deep dives to detect opportunities.
- Manage key ESG rankings and ratings, including submitting information, ensuring accuracy of ratings, and requesting updates, as needed.
- Assess and summarize key stakeholder input, identifying and highlighting key themes for the ESG Council.
- Lead preparation of Tesla’s Impact Report and work with the ESG Council and Communications to promote Tesla’s ESG leadership through internal and external digital platforms (i.e., intranet, corporate site, and social media).
- Re invigorate Tesla’s Sustainability Ambassadors program (grass roots) that recognizes the environmental sustainability efforts of employees, captures and communicates best practices, and empowers employees to promote sustainability throughout the Tesla.
- Point person for internal ESG communications (May expand to other EHS communications as well).
- A Bachelor's Degree is required, preferably in engineering, public policy, sustainability, environmental management, public policy communications or business; advanced degree such as a M.B.A. or M.P.A. is highly desirable
- 10 + years professional experience related to sustainability/corporate governance/ESG, with direct experience developing and implementing ESG reporting programs within a large, global organization.
- Current and clear understanding of broad ESG issues, particularly relating to manufacturing, tech, and energy industries.
- Deep working knowledge of broadly recognized and emerging ESG reporting frameworks and standards and ability to set priorities and further Tesla’s ESG disclosure roadmap.
- Experience analyzing ESG risks in organizations and portfolios for investment firms and financial institutions.
- Experience with financial tools and databases (e.g., Bloomberg, FactSet, MSCI).
- Strong influencing and collaboration skills and ability to engage with high-performance teams and stakeholders at any level with a business.
- Superior writing ability, capable of present information and viewpoints in a clear and compelling manner.
- Strong organizational, planning, and project management skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to analyze data, leveraging information to provide clear, concise and supported recommendations for action.
- Capacity to work independently and simultaneously handle a variety of complex matters under deadline pressure
- Strong skills in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint.