Corporate Services Division (CSD) safeguards UNEP’s corporate interests by providing it with tools and plans for efficient and effective management and by managing its exposure to risk. It does so in line with the core values of the United Nations as well as all other relevant rules, regulations, and accountability requirements. The Private Sector Unit, which is part of CSD, coordinates private sector engagement across the organization. The Unit undertakes risk assessments of private sector partnerships and contributes to increased transparency in engaging with businesses.
During the time of this assignment, the Individual Contractor will support the Private Sector Unit with private sector engagement at the corporate level.
The Individual Contractor will undertake the following tasks:
- Support the partnership creation process with private sector entities using UNEP’s online Partners Portal, including validation, risk, and strategy assessments.
- Assist in the due diligence processes of private sector partners, including research and reviewing.
- Support the maintenance of the database of private sector partnerships.
- Support the preparations of various written outputs, such as background papers; and briefing on private sector engagement.
- Contribute to training workshops for UNEP staff on the use of the Partners’ Portal, and information-sharing webinars related to private sector engagement to implement the Programme of Work.
- University Degree (bachelor’s degree) in business administration, development studies and/or environmental sciences related discipline is required.
- An advanced University Degree in relevant discipline will be added advantage.
- Minimum 2 years of relevant experience in working with a government institution/ international organization and/or private sector is required;
- Fluency in written and oral English is required.
- Knowledge of the second UN working language is desirable.