U.K. nationals: Environment and Business - Water Quality - Business Development - Income Team Member
This is temporary post in our Water Quality charges team. Joining this crucial area of the business, you will work as part of a dynamic team to secure in excess of £67m of income through annual subsistence charges. This enables us to effectively regulate permitted discharges to the environment, support economic growth and create a better place for people and wildlife.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, motivated and confident person to join our dispersed team. This is a technical administration role focussed on ensuring accurate subsistence charges are raised for water discharge and groundwater activity permits. This involves interpreting key details in permit documents and ensuring that our charging systems are correctly updated. The workload is driven by permits being issued by our National Permitting Service, as well as queries from customers, and data quality audits.
• Ensure customers are billed correctly for subsistence charges relating to their permits,
• Liaison with outsourced finance services (SSCL), National Permitting, other internal teams and customers,
• Provide a comprehensive administrative support service ensuring processes are followed, and improved over time
• Take a one team approach to workload management
• Work within financial rules, controls and processes
You will be joining a dispersed, high performing and supportive team of eight, focussed on providing a professional billing service to our charge paying customers.
Team members are currently working from home, but normally based in Solihull, Leeds, Rotherham and Sheffield, with line manager working from our Warrington office. We expect the successful candidate to work from home initially, but work from the Leeds or Rotherham office once Covid19 restrictions are sufficiently relaxed.
Educated to A level standard or above in relevant subjects, we will however consider candidates with GCSE ‘pass’ (or equivalent) in Maths and English who can demonstrate relevant experience in a similar role. You will also have
• excellent information and data analysis and interpretation skills.
• a proven ability to solve technical problems by considering different methods within the guidance of defined procedures and frameworks.
• a keen attention to detail, capable of delivering to a high standard and taking personal responsibility for your work.
• excellent written and verbal communication skills to enable frequent contact with internal and external customers.
• demonstrable experience in using various IT applications (Word, Excel and database management)
While necessary training will be provided, we expect the successful candidate to have the ability to learn this technical role quickly.
Contact and additional information
For more information, please contact either:-
Rob Paddison (Team manager) -
Jo Johnson (Advisor) –
Interviews are provisionally planned for early January 2021 via MS Teams (or other secure video environment)
The vacancy has arisen from an existing team member taking up an assignment role.
Job description attachment 1
Job description attachment 2
22/12/2020, 23:55 hours