U.S. nationals: Hydrologic Technician
Explore a new career with the BLM - where our people are our greatest natural resource.
We expect to fill four (4) vacancies at this time; however, additional positions may be filled from this announcement if they become available.
Learn more about this agency
- Performs a variety of assignments involving adjustments to instruments, equipment, and practices, and carrying out data collection, analyses and interpretation.
- Assists with resource inventory and monitoring, as well as planning and implementation of structural and vegetative projects to conserve, improve or restore riparian, wetland, and mesic systems and/or water quality.
- Responsible for collection, analysis, and evaluation of surface and ground water quality and quantity data.
- Gathers data involving the flow and transport of sediment, nutrients, or pollutants in stream channels and ground water.
- Inventories and monitors streams, wetlands, and mesic areas.
- Evaluates data, identifies trends in movement of water and any known contaminants, as well as trends in lotic and lentic system functionality and conditions.
- Applies a variety of hydrologic models for generation of information on stream discharge, high flows, channel behavior, and sedimentation.