Rwanda nationals: WASH Engineer
World Vision is a child-focused Christian humanitarian organization implementing development programmes in 28 Districts of Rwanda. Our interventions are currently reaching more than 1.5 million people.
World Vision Rwanda seeks to hire a highly-qualified, dedicated and experienced national for the role of WASH Engineer.This critical position will be based in Gihembe and Nyabihecye refugee camp, reporting to WASH Project Manager
Purpose of the position:
To supervise, conduct design, studies and review water resource, sanitation and hygiene projects. And closely follow up and ensure the implementation of water resource development projects are in line with the plan, design, available standards, to address the needs of the most vulnerable communities. The job holder is responsible for the overall WASH and Health projects management as well as representing the WASH sector at camp level within World Vision Rwanda and also projecting our position.
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
The following knowledge, skills and abilities may be acquired through a combination of formal schooling, self-education, prior experience or on-the-job training.
Minimum education and experience required:
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering, Water Engineering, Sanitary Engineering or related fields
- At least 2 years experience in WASH sector.
- Experience in using MS Officer , excel , PPT and other computer skills
- Experience in using engineering softwares: AUTOCAD ,Covadis, ARCHICAD , Artlantis (perspective), GIS(Arc view, Arc map), EPANET
- Experience in project design, proposal writing, needs assessments, surveys, and information management.
- Experience with refugees’ camps context in Rwanda
- Experience in supervising/ inspecting construction projects and WASH infrastructures
Preferred Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Experience in water in the review and conduct detail investigation on water resource development projects sites around the camp;
- Prepare bill of quantities, specification and cost estimate for water resources, sanitation and hygiene facilities and services; conducting site meeting and elaboration of construction site visit reports
- Prepare hydraulic calculation, technical designs
- Data collection and its analysis and technical study reparation and presentation report
- Coordinate site yard works
- Verification of attachments and invoices submitted by the contractor.
- Monitor, supervise and evaluate project progress on monthly basis.
- Approve the executed works according to the drawings and standards.
Travel and/or Work Environment Requirement
- The position requires ability and willingness to travel to the field from time to time.
The salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience.
NB: Women are highly encouraged to apply.
How to apply:
Should you wish to apply for this position, please go to http://careers.wvi.org/job-opportunities-in-rwanda
If this is your first time applying online via the World Vision International careers website, you will need to register an account along with your application details. This site will provide you with additional functionality, such as saved searches and email alerts. Registration requires minimal information to create your account. Further details will be collected during the application process.
All applicants must apply using our online application system, CVs received via email or standard post will NOT be considered.
In case you face any challenges in applying, please let us know on firstname.lastname@example.org(no applications will be accepted through this email).
The closing date for submission of applications is 20th December 2020; no late applications will be accepted.
World Vision is committed to adult and child safeguardingand does not employ staff whose background is not suitable for working with children and vulnerable adults. All employment is conditional upon successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks.