U.S. nationals: Hydrologist
Explore a new career with the BLM - where our people are our greatest natural resource.
One position is located in Fillmore, UT. Information about Fillmore and the surrounding area can be found here.
One position is located in Vernal, UT. Information about Vernal and the surrounding area can be found here.
We expect to fill two vacancies at this time; however, additional positions may be filled from this announcement if they become available.
Learn more about this agency
- Planning and coordinating projects involving the analysis and evaluation of stream flow and transport of sediment or pollutants in stream channels.
- Providing technical advice on water rights applications and claims.
- Reviewing flood forecasts and applying standard flood forecasting procedures and determining short-term flood risks.
- Performing a variety of hydrologic models to generate information on high flows, channel behavior, and sedimentation.
- Calibrating hydrologic models to account for changes in land use patterns and modifying modeling procedures to improve model validity.
- Serving on interdisciplinary teams as the subject matter expert on water resources.
- Engaging in negotiations for agreements for the use of federally owned water resources.
- Recommending actions to assure the availability of water for Bureau of Land Management administration responsibilities.