Local recruitment: Director (International Programs and Policy)
It's hard to believe that today 844 million people do not have clean water and 2.3 billion do not have a decent toilet - around one in three of the world's population. Every two minutes a child under five dies from diarrheal diseases caused by poor water and sanitation.
WaterAid is looking for a Director, International Programs and Policy to play a vital role in our mission to make clean water, decent toilets and good hygiene normal for everyone, everywhere by 2030.
Working within the International Programs and Policy, the Directore will
- Provide strategic leadership on international programming
- Oversee the management of WaterAid Canada's (WAC) overseas projects
- Develop new business and partnership opportunities, while supporting policy and advocacy initiatives in Canada.
To be successful, you'll need to have:
- Extensive work experience in the international development sector, with proven success in business development.
- Demonstrated ability to steward complex relationships and building partnerships with a wide range of private, foundation, multi/bilateral donors and public.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully oversee proposal development; program planning, implementation, and evaluation; financial oversight; reporting.
- Proven ability to leverage own contacts with GAC and across the INGO sector.
- Ability to work with overseas partner organizations, positively influence, and to deal sensitively with others in a cross-cultural environment.
- Experience in advocacy work/policy development
We started because no NGO like us existed. We'll end when no organisation like us is needed. In the meantime, we're making great progress - since 1981, we have reached 25 million people with clean water and, since 2004, 24 million people with sanitation.
We're looking for people who share a commitment to our vision. We're looking for people with an appreciation and respect for different people and ideas, and the energy and expertise to help tackle the most important challenges.
In return, you can expect to get inspiration from the change you help make happen, a sense of belonging and the feeling of being part of a global community. You will also experience stimulation and fulfilment, the chance to grow, and space to be yourself at your best. This is our pledge to you.
Click on 'Apply' to download the job description.
If you are interested in the position and have the right skills and attributes, send your application, consisting of a letter of interest and a CV to , using Application: Director, International Programs and Policy as the subject of the email.
Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis until the ideal candidate is found
Please note: to apply for this role you must be able to demonstrate your eligibility to work in Canada.
WaterAid is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We particularly encourage applications from women who are underrepresented at this level in the organisation.
Only candidates shortlisted for interviewing will be contacted within two weeks of the closing date for applications.
No recruitment agencies please.