Tetra Tech ARD, headquartered in Burlington, Vermont is accepting applications from highly qualified specialists to join the firm’s Water Resources and Infrastructure (WRI) Sector. The WRI Sector assists governments, civil society organizations, and communities in developing countries to improve policies and practices essential to the provision of effective water resources management, water supply, sanitation and hygiene (WASH) programming and municipal infrastructure services. Candidates will work on both new business development and program implementation, primarily on USAID-funded projects, and must demonstrate a successful history of development proposal writing and project management.
This position will be based in Burlington, Vermont or Arlington, Virginia.
* Identify, pursue, strategize, and lead the preparation of proposals in response to WRI sector opportunities in developing countries, including countries in and emerging from conflict;
* Develop and lead marketing and positioning strategy for WRI sector, in collaboration with other TT ARD sectors and business units as appropriate;
* Provide contract technical and administrative oversight and management, including financial and personnel management, ensuring quality and timely implementation:
* Travel regularly to provide technical assistance to projects, and to provide management and training support to project field staff, including for project start-up and close-out;
* Represent Tetra Tech ARD to clients in the US and developing countries;
* Provide technical advice and solutions to proposal development and projects in other Tetra Tech ARD sectors; and
* Supervise and mentor sector staff as may be required.
* Graduate degree in a relevant discipline (e.g., civil engineering, water resources management, resource economics) required;
* Minimum seven (for Associate) to twelve (for Senior Associate) years of relevant professional experience, including at least five (for Associate) to eight (for Senior Associate) years in developing countries working on donor-funded projects in area(s) relevant to the WRI sector, such as WASH; integrated water resource management; water utility management and operations; water sector reform; and/or urban water use efficiency and demand management;
* Excellent writing and communication skills and prior successful experience in proposal development responding to USAID and MCC procurements;
* Strong knowledge of and direct experience with implementation of USAID- and/or MCC-funded, and/or other multilateral development bank processes and projects;
* Professional proficiency in French, Arabic and/or Spanish is strongly preferred;
* Highly proficient in MS Office applications;
* Outstanding oral and written communications skills;
* Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure on multiple concurrent projects;
* Demonstrated detail orientation and exceptionally high levels of organization;
* Position requires international travel (30-40%), including to conflict and post-conflict countries;
* Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with poise and professionalism; and
* U.S. citizenship or a current, valid U.S. work permit is mandatory.
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the online application process:
* Letter of application explaining qualifications for this opportunity
* Current CV in reverse chronological format
* At least 3 professional references including name, contact information, and relationship to the applicant
* A writing sample of a technical nature of no more than 10 pages.
Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered.
Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration.
No phone calls will be accepted.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees—16,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability