Local recruitment: Account Manager (Reporter Services)
CDP, one of the world’s leading climate change charities, is seeking a highly motivated individual to support CDP’s corporate engagement work. In your role as Account Manager Reporter Services, you will accelerate our mission and motivate global multinationals with expertise, enthusiasm and endurance on the strategic journey to limiting climate change, improving water stewardship and banning deforestation from direct corporate business practices. The role covers UK and Worldwide (WW) companies. WW is defined as companies from regions not covered by other CDP offices or partners (e.g. Russia, Middle East)
The role includes:
- Delivering member benefits to existing UK and WW Reporter Services companies and securing their renewal income;
- Working across the CSC UK & WW team on business development predominantly to grow the Reporter Services membership group as well as encouraging companies to disclose to CDP, become a supply chain member, commit to adopting environmental targets or actions, or become corporate partner;
- Supporting program members in advancing their sustainability strategies through disclosure support, benchmarking, score feedback, gap analysis and final review;
- Supporting members to utilize the data reported through CDP for benchmarking, including alignment with their wider sustainability strategy and own CDP reporting, and their external and internal communication;
- Contributing to the UK & WW team by integrating the Reporter Services work into the wider strategy, communications and events;
- Contributing to the wider operations, development and strategy of both the UK and Global CSC and Reporter Services program;
- Public speaking at events and conferences representing CDP’s Reporter Services work as a subject matter expert;
- Active coordination with other CDP teams to engage with stakeholders in an efficient and organised manner;
- Assisting with ad-hoc tasks as required.
The successful candidate will have:
- Minimum BA/BSc degree; (Environment/Sustainability related degree desirable)
- Proven experience in account management, sales or business development
- Advanced analytical and technical skills, a liking for data analysis, data mining, benchmarking and process optimization;
- Keen interest in corporate sustainability themes and climate change, water security and deforestation issues and how we can solve them;
- Experience in working on climate change and sustainability topics, with a special focus on GHG emissions and /or water / forest and within a corporate environment a plus;
- Knowledge of client relationship management system and data analysis programs desirable, or ability to learn quickly;
- Good communication skills, ability to interact convincingly with people at different levels of seniority and different cultural backgrounds;
- Strong organisational and planning skills – both at strategic and operational levels;
- Very good Microsoft Office skills, in particular Excel, ideally including macro programming or interest to master such skills;
- Ability to work within an annual process with shifting priorities;
- Flexibility and creative problem-solving;
- Willingness to travel if required;
- Fluent in spoken and written English;
What we offer:
- Exciting and challenging tasks in an international team
- Competitive NGO salary and annual bonus (depending on company results);
- 30 days annual holidays;
- Flexible working;
This is a full-time role based at CDP’s London office. Due to current situation the office is closed and the role will start on a work from home basis. Interested applicants must be eligible to work legally in the United Kingdom
The successful candidate will report to the Senior Account Manager, Reporter Services, and work closely with the UK and Global Reporter Services team, UK CSC & WW team, and other CDP offices, internationally. There may be some travel in the UK and possibly, abroad in the future. Salary dependent on experience (grade 6, range from £26,000 - £32,000).
Before you apply
We’ll only use the information you provide to process your application. For more details on how we use your information, see our applicants privacy notice. By emailing us your CV and covering letter, you are permitting CDP to use the information you have provided for recruitment purposes.
How to apply
To apply please complete this online form and email your CV and 1 page cover letter describing how you meet the required skills and experience, to email@example.com with ‘Account Manager, Reporter Services , Your First name, Surname’ in the subject line.
Your application will only be considered for the role if you complete both the online form, and email your CV & 1 page cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 23 December.