WASH Operation Assistant
General Description of the Programme:
GOAL has been working in Syria since 2013, responding to the acute needs of conflict-affected communities. GOAL is working in North West Aleppo both through direct implementation and through partners, delivering food, non-food programming to highly vulnerable populations, and provision of Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) through support to Water units, as well as emergency support to recently displaced households.
The WASH Operation Assistant will be based in GOAL’s office in Harem supporting the Senior Wash data Officer with Data collection, conducting field periodic inspections, Documentation, and reporting. S/he will work in close coordination Syria-based GOAL engineers and the Water Units.
The WASH Operation Assistant’s main responsibility is to ensure that all required data related to WASH activities are collected and properly documented. This will involve working closely with the WASH engineers/Water Units. It will also involve periodic visits to all pumping station beyond WASH programme area of operation to fill inspection check lists and documents. This will require a high-level knowledge of pumping stations’ equipment and water systems.
Duties, objectives, and competencies
- Periodically travel to all water pumping stations in WASH programme’s Area of operation for fuel usage monitoring.
- Conducting fuel calibration for generators of water stations regularly.
- Conducting the periodic fuel stocktake in water pumping stations.
- Conducting the periodic generators engines' Oil stocktake in water Units.
- Preparing and sorting WASH activities and project documents.
- Collecting water stations’ operational data.
- Assisting Senior Wash Data Officer in data entry.
- Any other duties required by Senior Wash data Officer.
- Technical mechanical certificate (mechanical engineering institute) or Degree in mechanical engineering (a university graduate), Degree in Mechanical engineering is preferred.
- Very good technical knowledge of water stations and generators.
· 3 years of experience in dealing with generators and pumping stations.
- High level of attention to details.
- Computer competency required with a proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word.
- willingness to work long hours under significant pressure.
- Good English level
- Ability to coordinate multiple tasks and deal with multiple demands in an efficient
· Strong documentation skills
· Effective communication skills.
· Previous working experience in dealing with generators and calculating of fuel tanks' capacities.
· In-depth knowledge of Engineering Design software such as AutoCAD, SolidWorks, or similar systems
· Good knowledge in Goal's working context area.
· High level of attention to details.
Interested? Then apply for this position via clicking on the "apply now" button and fill out the application form. All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages). Both must be in English. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
General terms and conditions
Children and vulnerable adults a must be safeguarded to the maximum possible extent from deliberate or inadvertent actions and failings that place them at risk of abuse, sexual exploitation, injury, and any other harm. One of the ways that GOAL shows this on-going commitment to safeguarding is to include rigorous background and reference checks in the selection process for all candidates.
Accountability within GOAL
Alongside our safeguarding policy, GOAL is an equal opportunities employer and has a set of integrity policies. Any candidate offered a job with GOAL will be expected to adhere to the following key areas of accountability:
· Comply with GOAL’s policies and procedures with respect to safeguarding, Code of Conduct, health and safety, data protection and confidentiality, do no harm principles and unacceptable behaviour protocols.
· Report any concerns about the welfare of a child or vulnerable adult or any wrongdoings within our programming area.
· Report any concerns about inappropriate behaviour of a GOAL staff or partner.
This Job Description only serves as a guide for the position available. GOAL reserves the right to change this document. Any published closing dates are estimated. Due to the nature of GOAL’s work we aim to fill vacancies as quickly as possible. This means that we will close adverts as soon as we have found the right candidate, and this may be before the published closing date. We would therefore advise interested applicants to submit an application as early as possible.
Deadline to Apply is: 23rd December 2020.