U.S. nationals: Interdisciplinary Research Social Scientist/Biologist
U.S. Geological Survey (USGS)
Fort Collins, CO, United States
Bachelor's (Or Equivalent)
Please note: this job post has expired! To the best of our knowledge, this job is no longer available and this page remains here for archival purposes only.
- Salary: $84,118 (Step 01) to $109,358 (Step 10); NOTE: First time hires to the Federal Government are typically hired at the Step 01.
As an Interdisciplinary Research Social Scientist/Biologist within the Fort Collins Science Center, some of your specific duties will include:
- Work with Public Participatory GIS (PPGIS) mapping applications to gather spatial data on the meanings people attach to places and activities they do in those places.
- Conduct a needs assessment of public land/water management professions to understand data needed for outdoor recreational visitor planning and management.
- Design sampling plans and methods to collect quantitative survey data from recreational visitors using on-site and web-based methods
- Publish reports and articles which will answer important questions about human dimensions of natural resource management.
- Apply statistical analysis to scientific data related to natural resource management and decision making.
- Operates a government owned or leased vehicle as an incidental driver.