1. Tasks and Responsibilities
- Review EHM database;
- Provide an overview of fisheries monitoring databases and EHM database (table, queries, forms and reports) to Fisheries and Aquatic Ecology Officer (FAEO);
- Prepare two short user guides on how to use fisheries monitoring database (only Fish Abundance and Diversity Monitoring [FADM]) and EHM database;
- Review Thailand database of FADM and assist in data cleaning, checking for errors and data analysis;
- Update database on FADM according to changes in contents on the data collection forms;
- Support capacity development on the two monitoring databases when required by ED and countries;
- Synchronize national fisheries monitoring databases on Fish Abundance and Diversity Monitoring with the regional database.
2. Qualification requirements
The expertise and qualifications necessary for the assignment include the following:
- BSc in Information Technology or related field plus at least five year minimum experience especially with MRC;
- Ability to set up and use appropriate programmes including MS Access, MS Excel and SPSS. Knowledge of GIS software and Database Programming is a plus;
- Proven ability to design, clean and process database;
- Knowledge of Mekong fisheries;
- Availability to undertake the assignment in the time period specified.
The Terms of Reference and other information can be obtained at MRC website http://www.mrcmekong.org/working-with-mrc/employment/. Qualified female candidates are encouraged to apply. Only short-listed candidates will be notified.
3. Application procedures:
Only nationals of Cambodia, Lao PDR, Thailand and Vietnam are eligible to apply. The application should include (i) a cover letter outlining clearly how the candidate meets the requirements of the position, (ii) a detailed CV, (iii) MRC Personal History Form , and (IV) expected rate. The position title must be indicated in the cover letter.
The application should be sent to:
Mekong River Commission
Closing date for applications: 27 January 2017