Watershed Programs Manager
Title: Watershed Programs Manager
Location: Bethesda, MD
Reports to: Executive Director
Type: Full-time, term of one year with possibility of extension
Our Mission: Rock Creek Conservancy exists to restore Rock Creek and its parklands as a natural oasis for all people to appreciate and protect.
The Watershed Programs Manager will oversee and support the successful development and advancement of a strategic plan for Rock Creek watershed health, oversee the Downspout Disconnection program, and serve as a technical advisor and support to the organization’s
community engagement programs.
Downspout Disconnect Program Management
- Supervise all Downspout Disconnect Program staff and manage relationship with project partners at DC Water.
- Ensure compliance with all organizational policies, safety needs, and contractual requirements, including verification of project accuracy and completion for all staff and project stakeholders
- Complete reporting and invoicing as laid out in contract
- Support program operations, as needed
Community Engagement Program Support
- Provide technical expertise to watershed stewardship efforts, including the Stream Team Leaders, watershed outreach, and Rock Creek Conservation Corps
- Support Conservancy’s water quality advocacy efforts
- Conduct research on watershed health and policies
- Convene and consult with land managers, policy makers, regulators, community members, and experts to understand opportunities for Rock Creek
- Develop a plan to restore Rock Creek
- Support Conservancy advocacy efforts
Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree; relevant advanced degree preferred
- Experience in program or project management, community engagement, or strategic planning
- Commitment to incorporating justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion in all work
- National Green Infrastructure Certification program certification preferred; familiarity with principles of green infrastructure operations required
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Must be able to establish, track, and meet deadlines under time pressure
- Frequent weekend work and must be flexible to work evenings and extended hours when needed
- Must have a car or access to a car or other form of transportation when needed for travel throughout the Rock Creek Watershed
Compensation: Salary range is $42,000 - $60,000 plus benefits. The position will be remote for the foreseeable future, but field work (with covid safety precautions) will be required.
To apply, send cover letter and resume to with the job title in the subject line.