The Water Supply and Sanitation Collaborative Council (WSSCC) was established in 1990 and mandated by name in United Nations General Assembly resolution A/RES/45/181.The WSSCC Secretariat is hosted by the United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) and aims to accelerate the achievement of sustainable sanitation, hygiene and water services for all people, with special attention to the unserved poor, by enhancing collaboration and coordination of all sector stakeholders. To help meet the goal of ensuring improved sanitation and hygiene for all, the WSSCC has created the Global Sanitation Fund (GSF), which provides grant support to scale up successful sustainable sanitation and hygiene approaches targeting poor and marginalized people in areas of greatest need. The GSF is an integral part of the WSSCC Secretariat, which is located in Geneva, Switzerland. A full description of GSF procedures and principles is available in the WSSCC internet pages: www.wsscc.org
The Communications Analyst (Intern) will work with the Corporate Communications, Production and Marketing team, under the Communications and Country Coordination Department.
Under the supervision of the Corporate Communications Officer, and working with the communications team, the Communications Analyst (Intern) shall perform these duties:
- Conduct research and duties as requested contributing towards the implementation of the updated Communications Strategy and Action Plan
- Conduct research and duties as requested contributing towards the timely development, production and delivery of WSSCC’s flagship reports such as the WSSCC Annual Report and GSF Progress Report
- Assist with the dissemination of WSSCC reports and publications to main stakeholders, and assist with managing storage facilities
- Assist with the organisation, classification and systematic use of WSSCC’s photo library and filing systems
- Assist the graphics analyst with drafting a range of visual materials, including banners and flyers.
- Contribute to WSSCC’s social media platforms by assisting the team to develop regular high quality content, slideshows, including video.
- Assist the WSSCC writer/editor to develop quality content for the WSSCC website, including multimedia pieces, and be an active participant in improving the website’s function.
- Assist with coordination and organisation of internal and external events. Participate at meetings and events, as required.
- Perform other duties as required by the Corporate Communications Officer.
Candidates must be either currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s, Master’s or PhD course in a relevant field (e.g. communications including graphics and audio-visual, international relations, international development, public policy, economics, etc.), or have graduated within the past three years prior to the application date of the internship.
Applicants are not required to have professional work experience but experience in communications and/or academic/voluntary work in the related area(s) would be an advantage.
Fluency in oral and written English is required. Knowledge of a second language is an asset.
|Treats all individuals with respect; responds sensitively to differences and encourages others to do the same. Upholds organizational and ethical norms. Maintains high standards of trustworthiness. Role model for diversity and inclusion.|
|Efficiently establishes an appropriate course of action for self and/or others to accomplish a goal. Actions lead to total task accomplishment through concern for quality in all areas. Sees opportunities and takes the initiative to act on them. Understands that responsible use of resources maximizes our impact on our beneficiaries.|
|Open to change and flexible in a fast paced environment. Effectively adapts own approach to suit changing circumstances or requirements. Reflects on experiences and modifies own behavior. Performance is consistent, even under pressure. Always pursues continuous improvements.|
|Expresses ideas or facts in a clear, concise and open manner. Communication indicates a consideration for the feelings and needs of others. Actively listens and proactively shares knowledge. Handles conflict effectively, by overcoming differences of opinion and finding common ground.|
- Proven ability to conduct independent research and analysis, identify issues, and recommend solutions. Ability to work systematically, accurately and under pressure.
Proficiency in Microsoft Office 2010 is essential. Skills in Photoshop and InDesign are required. Knowledge of a video editing programme such as Final Cut Pro or Adobe Premiere Pro and web content programmes is highly desirable.
Contract type: Internship
Contract level: Intern
Contract duration: 6 months, renewable up to 12 months subject to programme requirements, funding availability and satisfactory performance.
This internship is not designed to lead to a staff position with UNOPS. Therefore, there should be no expectation of employment at the end of the internship.
Interns may be eligible for a monthly stipend from UNOPS provided that they do not receive funds from other institutions. Further, UNOPS may provide a one time travel lumpsum of 500 USD. However, they must make their own arrangements for accommodation, travel, insurance coverage and any necessary visas.
For more details about UNOPS internships please follow this link:
- Please note that the closing date is midnight Copenhagen time
- Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
- Only those candidates that are short-listed for interviews will be notified.
- Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- The incumbent is responsible to abide by security policies, administrative instructions, plans and procedures of the UN Security Management System and that of UNOPS.
It is the policy of UNOPS to conduct background checks on all potential recruits/interns.
Recruitment/internship in UNOPS is contingent on the results of such checks.
APPLICANTS MUST INCLUDE A COVER LETTER WITH THEIR APPLICATIONS.
UNOPS supports the successful implementation of its partners’ peacebuilding, humanitarian and development projects around the world. Our mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Working in some of the world’s most challenging environments, our vision is to advance sustainable implementation practices, always satisfying or surpassing our partners’ expectations.
With over 7,000 personnel spread across 80 countries, UNOPS offers its partners the logistical, technical and management knowledge they need, wherever they need it.
A flexible structure and global reach means that we can quickly respond to our partners’ needs, while offering the benefits of economies of scale.