Chemonics seeks a short-term adaptation funding specialist for USAID’s Mozambique Coastal City Adaptation Project (CCAP). The short-term adaptation funding specialist will support the CCAP team and its municipal counterparts to identify, understand, and respond to the process for accessing funds from multilateral sources such as the Global Environment Facility’s Trust Fund, the Least Developed Country Fund, the Special Climate Change Fund, the Adaptation Fund, and the Green Climate Fund. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Conduct a survey to identify available funds for climate change adaptation projects
- Work in close collaboration with municipal and government agencies, local communities, and other stakeholders to design at least one adaptation project that catalyzes and complements CCAP’s goals of building city resilience
- Guide designed adaptation projects through submission, review, and approval processes
- Experience conducting surveys to identify funding opportunities
- Understanding of climate finance and funding agencies
- Demonstrated knowledge of Chemonics and USAID practices, policies, and regulations regarding leveraging funding
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to interact effectively with stakeholders, from senior government officials to community members
- Strong organization skills; ability to work independently and as a part of a team
- Advanced degree in a related field or eight years of experience
- Experience in Mozambique or other southern African countries preferred
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Fluent Portuguese strongly preferred
Please submit an electronic version of your CV and cover letter to https://chemonicsinternational-mozambiqueccap.formstack.com/forms/job_application by January 23, 2017. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.