Local recruitment: WASH/NTD Expert
December 2020 – February 2021
Accelerating the Sustainable Control and Elimination of Neglected Tropical Diseases (Ascend) is a multi-partner programme (Sightsavers, Mott Macdonald, SCI Foundation, and Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine), which will make a significant contribution to the control and elimination of the 5 PC NTDs across 13 countries.
Ascend West is seeking an experienced in-country Consultant to validate the Landscape analysis report in a cross sectoral meeting with WASH and NTD stakeholders in Sierra Leone, and support government to develop a roadmap to respond to the recommendations.
A landscape analysis report was produced to compile and analyse national and district level information on WASH, NTD prevalence & programmes, behaviour change interventions, and their relationship to one another.
The consultant will work with ministry of health, ministry of water resources, ministry of environment, SCI Foundation, Sightsavers/ Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine/Mott McDonald and liaise with other partners and programmes like Act West, HKI, Crown Agents, World Vision, WaterAid and other relevant stakeholders to ensure maximum attendance at the validation meeting.
The objective of this Consultancy includes:
- To facilitate validation of the draft WASH/NTD landscape analysis report in a cross sectoral meeting of WASH and NTD stakeholders in Sierra Leone
- Produce a final landscape analysis report including all changes recommended by stakeholders.
- Based on findings from final report, the consultancy may be extended to include:
- Facilitate the process of transform data into knowledge by aggregating data across the WASH and NTD sectors thus enabling better coordination, integration and opportunities across the two sectors.
- Support ongoing collaboration between WASH and NTDs stakeholders, with the ultimate vision of WASH investment directed to endemic areas.
The approach to joint planning and coordination of WASH and NTD sector is guided by the WHO and NNN resource “WASH and health working together: a ‘how-to’ guide for NTD programmes”, an understanding of relevant section of this tool is essential.
Candidates must be based within the country specified
This is not an exhaustive list of duties or required professional skills, please read the complete Terms of Reference (ToR) here for further details
Closing date: 13th December 2020
Please be advised that due to expected high levels of applications this advert my be closed earlier than stated.
How to express your interest:
Interested bidders are also requested to attach an example of previous similar work and all CV’s for the bidding person/party.
Expressions of interest should only be made using the forms provided.
We are truly committed to creating an inclusive culture which values and recognises diversity as something that will only ever make an organisation better. We encourage anyone to apply who possesses the qualities and behaviours outlined or who believes they have the propensity to learn them fast. You will be joining an inclusive and supportive team who welcome people from all backgrounds.
Ascend West -Sightsavers does not accept unsolicited CVs from external recruitment agencies nor accept the fees associated with them.