Conservation International (CI) was accredited as a GEF (Global Environment Facility) Project Agency in November 2013. As a GEF Agency, CI directly works with national governments around the world to identify and design projects and advise on project execution, making sure that projects meet high technical and financial standards, while complying with the GEF’s environmental and social safeguards. The purpose of this internship is to support the CI-GEF team in the development of environmental and social safeguard training materials for its Executing Agencies (EA).
- Design and develop a suite of PowerPoint Presentations (PPT) that provide knowledge on the CI-GEF’s environmental and social safeguards, present comparative case studies of projects with and without the application of safeguards, test participants’ knowledge at the end of the presentations on the safeguard subject, and assist EAs in applying the knowledge to the execution of their project.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
- This position is based in Arlington, VA
- Normal office working conditions; travel is not expected
- Student pursuing a degree in Communications and/or Social and Environmental Sciences
- Ability to engage and communicate effectively using visual aids (PPT)
- Proficient in the use of MS PowerPoint
- Ability to work under limited supervision and complete deliverables in a timely manner
- Experience in designing and developing training materials
- Working knowledge in environmental and social safeguards
To apply, please also include a cover letter and professional references.