U.S. nationals: Program Manager
About the Position: Works under the general administrative supervision of the District Commander with the rank of Colonel, who provides administrative directions and makes assignments of a broad and general nature covering long range plans and objectives for "delivering enduring and essential water resource solutions through collaboration with partners and stakeholders": the Water Resources Division (WRD) mission.
Learn more about this agency
- Executes significant initiatives, water and related land resources mission, and associated activities.
- Collaborates within the Norfolk District (division chiefs, branch chiefs, offices, program managers, business line managers, and project managers) to negotiate, decide on, and/or coordinate work-related changes affecting other units.
- Responsible for the scheduling, utilization, and control of all Civil Works funds allocated to the Water Resources Division.
- Provides direct supervision to three subordinate supervisors, a GS-14 technical expert, one administrative support position and indirect supervision to 170 employees (permanent, seasonal, and temporary).
- Provides administrative directions and makes assignments of a broad and general nature covering long range plans and objectives for the Water Resources Division (WRD) mission.
- Has considerable independence in executing the mission, conferring with the District Commander only on those matters involving major problems.
- Acts as the delegated appropriate authority and responsibility for WRD mission throughout the following areas: Regulatory ? the Commonwealth of Virginia and for Civil Works ? assigned river basins and watersheds.
- Controls consist of broad policies and objectives provided by the District Commander and higher authority.
- Holds delegated full authority for the responsibility for planning, organizing, staffing, supervising, and directing for the execution of the assigned initiatives, WRD mission, and activities.