Opportunities to take part in paid internships are sometimes available. Please read the following information carefully before submitting your interest using the form below.
Please note: As we receive many more applications than we can accept, it will depend on your background but also on the schedule and the availability of an internship whether we can respond favorably to the request. You are advised to check back regularly for specific opportunities advertised above. Due to our limited resources we cannot reply to the majority of applications, but we do sincerely appreciate your interest.
Background information about volunteering at the EEB
Volunteers are accepted under the following conditions:
- Appropriate skills and qualifications depending on role.
- Very good English, spoken and written – any other languages are also welcome.
- A minimum of 3 months stay is required as it takes time to get involved in the ongoing projects. However, we do not accept interns during the period from mid-July to end of August as there is a clear slow down of activities at EU level.
- The intern will receive a daily financial contribution amounting to 9, 50 EUR with a maximum total of 1.334,55 EUR for the whole period (unless she/he is receiving a scholarship).
- Travel costs will be reimbursed within the Belgian public transport system.
- The intern and the supervising staff member will sign a contract mentioning the financial contribution.
- The intern will be required to produce a short report on their work at the end of the training period.
- The supervising staff member will write a short reference covering the work done by the intern, assessing their contribution.
The EEB offers:
- A professional working environment.
- Work in an international team.
- Supervision by EEB staff members.
- Experience with the EU institutions in Brussels.
- Experience with working in the largest environmental citizens organisation in Europe.
- A contract for the required period.