The Gambia nationals: Support officer for the coordination of the Blue Peace/ OMVG project (UNCDF)
Minimum age: 22 years old. Applicants must be nationals of or legal residents in the country of assignment.
Description of task
Under the direct supervision of UNCDF, the UN Volunteer will assist in the program management, particularly PDDI, an OMVG innovative projects implemented by the UNCDF in collaboration with Geneva Water Hub (GWH) and the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation, and in support of OMVG, which aims at developing and mobilising innovative financing for the implementation of OMVG's Integrated Development Master Plan (IDMP) for the development of the Gambia River Basin.
Under the direct supervision of the UNCDF Regional Coordinator, the UN Volunteer will carry out the following tasks.
- Ensure good coordination/information transmission between technical and financial partners (Geneva Water Hub, SDC, ...) and stakeholders at local level (Municipalities…);
- Provide technical support to the overall management of OMVG project, including the day-to-day operation, monitoring and evaluation of work plans, in order to ensure the implementation of OMVG project in Gambia; particularly in the localities concerned by the Project;
- Communication on the actions carried out by UNCDF in Gambia (specially in targeted localities), in line with the Project's plan;
- Facilitation of stakeholder relations Organising and participating in scoping missions and meetings as part of project implementation;
- Monitoring and evaluation of programme activities with OMVG and technical and budgetary reporting according to the required formats and highlighting the effects of UNCDF's intervention on the targets;
- Monitor projects’ progress related to established work plans and Project Documents;
- Identify risks and possible issues and formulate management responses where relevant.
Required degree level: Bachelor degree or equivalent
Education - Additional Comments:
University degree in social sciences (local development, regional integration, territorial planning, development studies or other related technical fields).
Required experience: 24 Months
24 months. Experience within the UN system will be valued.
- English(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
Area of expertise: Development programme/project administration, Other development programme/project experience, Community participation and development
Area of expertise details:
A minimum of two years progressively work experience in programme planning
Excellent writing, organizational and planning skills
Experience in data management and reporting.
Experience in local development, decentralization and/or asset management.
Driving license: No
* Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
First register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup.
Important: After creating your account, complete all sections of your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink. Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply.
* Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
First update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile.
Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call to which you would like to apply.
! FOR National UN Volunteer assignments ONLY
This is a national UN Volunteer assignment, therefore only nationals of Gambia and legal residents in Gambia with a residency permit, the status of refugee or with the status of being stateless are eligible to apply. Don’t forget to tick the yes box for: “I am interested in serving as a volunteer in my own country.”
Application deadline : 07-12-2020
Female candidates are strongly encouraged.