MENSTURAL HYGIENE MANAGEMENT OFFICER
WORK LOCATION: Gaya
CONTEXT: With support from UNFPA, WaterAid India is planning to undertake initiatives on Mensural Hygiene management in Gaya and Patna. In this process, 6 GP of Block Manpur is selected for piloting. Assessing product choice and awareness generation of adolescent girls is two major areas in the defined project period. Outcome of the project is planned to reach adolescent girls, who have capacity to manage their menstruation in a healthy manner, equipped with information, positive attitudes towards menstruation, hygienically using products of their choice, disposing of used materials safely, and drawing upon support systems in the community to sustain these practices.
Under the supporting guidance from Chief functionary Pragati Gramin Vikas Samiti (PGVS Gaya) and in close collaboration with the Programme Coordinator WaterAid Bihar, Menstrual Hygiene Management officer ( MHM officer) in this project would be responsible for the implementation of field level implementation of activities in 6 GP of Gaya. Project is planned from the November 2020 to August 2022 under District Wide Approach of WaterAid. The MHM officer is expected to undertake overall field level responsibilities for the implementation of the project activities leading to final output of project defined in result framework.
1. Developing and Designing training plan and orientation on product choice, safe menstrual waste disposal awareness generation on MHM among adolescent girls.
2. Designing IEC materials for field workers, health department, ICDS, education department, adolescent girl platform, facilitators.
3. Developing and sharing converging technical and awareness generation components in ARSH and any other MHM programme of Govt in district Gaya.
4. Handholding to the field level research team/enumerators by providing inputs on survey, Quality control measures, pilot testing of tools of survey.
5. Integrating MHM as theme in the PGVS programmatic structure in collaboration with other project funded or directly implementing by donors.
1. Preparing project reports and training reports of the project.
2. Field level meetings in 6 GP of Block Manpur and liaison with block administration on the project.
3. Capacity building of Frontline functionaries from Various department to equip them to facilitate discussion on safe menstrual hygiene practices.
4. Facilitating KAP and other survey of project with enumerators and researcher.
5. Support Chief functionary PGVS Gaya in Block level meetings, District level meetings related to MHM.
6. Reporting Data of the project in monthly WaterAid Management Information System (WAIMIS).
7. Supporting piloting of safe disposal mechanism of Menstrual waste at school and community level.
8. Supporting piloting of informed product choice with Girls in 6 GP of District Gaya.
• Fluent in Hindi, English is essential and local Maghi Language will be advantage.
• Degree in one of the following social sciences: Rural Development/Rural Management, sociology/social work, community development, Public health, anthropology, or other related discipline;
• Minimum of One years’ experience in a non-governmental, non-profit and/or other local organization;
• Fresher from reputed university and institute is encouraged to apply.
• Experience in Menstrual Hygiene Management, Public health, Water-Sanitation- Hygiene related work or advocacy campaigns;
• Excellent communication skills
• Good knowledge of the local context and history;
• Gender sensitive;
• Interest in water, sanitation, and hygiene;
• Knowledge and management of monitoring, evaluation and learning (MEL) as well as the use of different tools for quantitative and qualitative data collection;
• Excellent knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and working knowledge of social media platforms;
CONTRACT DURATION: December 2020 to August 2022
REMURATION: Rs 12500 For the Month of December 2020 and Rs 25000 monthly from January onwards (Including Standard Deduction of PF and Taxes)
HOW TO APPLY:
• Applicant need to send their latest CV mentioning subject line as “Application for the post of MHM officer Gaya”.
• CV to be sent to ; before 5th December 2020.
WOMEN CANDIDATE IS ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.