The Water and Habitat Engineer will join a team of engineers, led by an engineering project manager, that plans, designs and implements engineering projects in jails and prisons, to support the authorities in improving the living conditions of Persons Deprived of their Liberty. The engineer carries out needs assessments, plans and designs projects to improve infrastructure, monitors on-site works, all in coordination with the corresponding authorities. In collaboration with the team, the engineer contributes to the support to the detaining authorities and other relevant authorities in reviewing and improving their internal processes in improving and maintaining their jail infrastructure.**
• Perform needs assessments in jails and prisons; draw up documents (drawings, bills of quantities, contracts) for engineering projects addressing public health concerns; monitor project implementation in line with ICRC standards, and the local building code.
• Contribute to the review and development of processes of the detaining authorities in future jail planning & design aiming to increase the authorities’ technical knowledge and capacity.
• Through a multidisciplinary and participatory process, he will organize training for end-users in the operation and maintenance of infrastructures, and the steps and standards in planning & design.
• University degree in Engineering, Public Health Engineering or equivalent
• 3 years’ work experience in water and sanitation, electrical or construction engineering
• Experience in monitoring and implementing construction works projects
• Familiar with tendering, contractual management and supervision for small projects
• Experience in managing contractors
• Able to design technical documents, capacity to manage small scale projects
• Previous work with an international or humanitarian organization an asset
• Proficient in the use of AutoCAD and MS project-management suite or equivalent
• Very good command of written and spoken English and Filipino, any other languages an asset
How to apply
Qualified applicants are requested to submit by email to: until 07 December 2020.*
2) Cover letter
Please clearly indicate in the subject line: SURNAME First name – MAN WatHab Engineer (Resume & cover letter).
Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis until the position is successfully filled.*
*Only short-listed candidates will be notified. A valid NBI clearance must be submitted once shortlisted.*