Jal Seva Charitable Foundation (JSCF) is registered in India as a not for profit company under Chapter Section 25 of the Companies Act, 1956. JSCF is an associate member of WaterAid International and used the brand name ‘WaterAid’ in India. WaterAid‘s mission is to transform the lives of the poorest and most marginalised people by improving access to safe water, sanitation and hygiene. WaterAid India’s goal is to “Make Water Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) poverty history in the country”.
WaterAid began working in India in 1986. WaterAid India (WAI) focuses on the poorer states in the country to better target India's most vulnerable communities. The head office is in the nation’s capital, New Delhi. WaterAid India also has Regional Programme Offices in Bhopal, Bhubaneswar, Hyderabad and Lucknow. We currently work in 11 states in the country.
WAI’s Programme focus in the next five years is on promoting and securing rights and access to safe water, improved hygiene and sanitation for the poor in particular through direct services and millions more through our influencing work. WAI is implementing a time bound project focusing on the delivery of water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH) services to transform working and living conditions of leather workers in Unnao district in selected factories (including tanneries) and nearby settlements where workers’ families live. A fundamental part of this project is contributing to the Business Case for WASH. This means an important part is to test Impact level indicators to calculate the financial return on investment (ROI) of WASH interventions which aim to prove the business benefits of WASH.
Contract Duration: 4 months (1st December 2020- 31st March 2021) - Extendable depending on performance and funding commitment from donor
The Consultant will be responsible for leading and managing the project in collaboration with implementing partners & other relevant stakeholders.
- Lead the field implementation team responsible for project activities
- Provide oversight, direction, and strategic support as desired under the project
- Work with leather workers and factory management in intervention area and ensure delivery of results including demonstration of approaches
- Establish and Manage working relation with diverse set of stakeholders in the leather industry, their networks and associations
- Support RoI study and facilitate data collection and interviews in identified factories
- Follow financial procedure of WaterAid India on expenses and support first round verification of bills.
- Support in vendor/consultant mapping & procurement process
- Ensure MIS and Programme Monitoring, Evaluation compliances
- Responsible for developing programme updates, case studies, presentations and content for internal & external sharing as and when needed
- Submit monthly field works and support the incorporation of information into the different reports (annual, biannual and final).
Perform other related duties as assigned by the Regional Manager, WaterAid India
5. Eligibilities and requirements
- Graduation (or equivalent) in Social Work/ Rural Development/Management
- Approx. 3-year relevant work experience in similar organizational/functional context in WASH Sector
- Willing to travel alone and work in the field and travel to different location
- Understanding & experience of working with the leather supply chain, leather industry or similar factory setting
- Comfortable working with businesses, academic institutions, Governments and non-Governmental organisations.
- Fluency in English and Hindi
- Competent at oral and written forms of reporting and presentation
6. Application Process
- Please download attached application form. Kindly note that only applications submitted on WaterAid's standard application form will be considered.
- Please respond with the following in the subject “Consultant for Unnao”. Completed applications to be sent to email@example.com
- Closing date: 02 December 2020
- Only Shortlisted candidates will be intimated for the interview.
WaterAid is an equal opportunity employer; women and the differently abled are particularly encouraged to apply.