Job Title: Team Leader
No. of Position – 1
Company Name: CTRAN Consulting
Location: Himachal Pradesh
Job Description: The Team Leader will be responsible for supporting the Department of Irrigation and Public Health (DIPH) and coordinate with the Department of Horticulture (DoH) in WUA establishment, forming training units in the DIPH and at target districts and coordinating the deployment of WUA facilitators at block level. WUAs will be established and trained to participate in planning, implementation, O&M and handover of irrigation systems for management prior to the introduction of irrigation networks.
Qualification & Experience:
• Postgraduate / bachelor’s degree in water management or related subject with minimum experience of 10 years in establishing and training WUAs.
• Experience in the transfer of irrigation system maintenance and/or management to WUAs;
• Familiarity with irrigation water management issues in India at national and sub-national levels and practical experience of participatory water management at field level;
• Ability to develop and maintain close association with government agencies and communities;
• Strong analytical, communication, documentation and presentation skills with experience in facilitating and chairing meetings with multiple stakeholder groups including farmers.
• Good organizational and planning skills and an ability to adhere to deadlines;
• Excellent communication skills (oral and written) in English and Hindi
• Previous experience with the ADB or World Bank would be a distinct asset.
• Proficient in MS Office and other standard office software
• Coordinate with the DIPH to establish and mentor a WUA unit within DIPH to work with all
PRF subprojects as well as establishing training teams at district levels and trained staff at Sub-district, Block and Facilitator levels.;
• Assist the DIPH to prepare a unified WUA manual
• Prepare a WUA Development Plan that schedules the institutional development and training of the WUAs to be mobilized during the system design process and effective with the start of the irrigation scheme distribution system installation.
• Establish systems and procedures to monitor the progress of WUA establishment and training.
• Advise and prepare recommendations on participation of the WUAs in aspects of planning and design (including system walkthrough with the pipeline alignment design engineers), and construction activities
• Develop methodologies with the DIPH Design Unit tailored to the needs of each scheme including field testing of equitable means of water management, irrigation scheduling, volumetrically measured cost recovery and other aspects of system management and infrastructure handover
• Prepare monthly, Quarterly and Final PRF reports on WUA development progress and, working with the DIPH Design Team
• The job requires extensive travelling to the production and marketing clusters and interaction with Govt. and Private Institutions and other Stakeholders
Location: Himachal Pradesh
How to Apply: Please share your updated CV and a cover note at