Myanmar nationals: Infection Prevention and Control and Water Hygiene and Sanitation (WASH) Specialist
Objective and Purpose of the Assignment
The consultant will support the implementation of additional financing for Myanmar for the government’s
Health Sector Contingency Plan for coronavirus disease (COVID-19).
Scope of Work
The Infection Prevention and Control and WASH Specialist will assist the Project Director and PMU by
providing technical inputs and capacity building support to the IPC and WASH components of the Project.
Detailed Tasks and/or Expected Output
Under the supervision of the Project Director, the specialist will undertake the following tasks:
1. Coordinate with relevant MOHS departments, states and regions and project hospitals on behalf of MOHS
to exchange information and necessary documentation for the project;
2. Prepare all project correspondence (letters, memos, etc) for ADB and MOHS regarding IPC and WASH
3. Support the preparation of procurement documents for the goods, works and services packages for IPC
4. Advise on the procurement process of IPC and WASH equipment.
5. Provide technical input to MOHS on the renovation of isolation room and other facilities of project
6. Assist MOHS in coordinating with suppliers to ensure the timely delivery of equipment for IPC and
7. Provide technical support to the capacity building of hospital staff on IPC and WASH;
8. Provide technical information to MOHS and project hospitals in relation to IPC and WASH activities;
9. Contribute to the technical viability, sustainability and appropriateness of project design for IPC
and WASH components.
Minimum Qualification Requirements
1. Master in Public Health, Medicine or a related field;
2. At least 2 years of relevant work experience in IPC and WASH;
3. Experience with government agencies in-country preferred;
4. Fully competent in speaking and writing English and national language;
5. Strong analytical, leadership and coordination skills and professional integrity; and
6. Good interpersonal skill.