DevWorks International (DevWorks) is recruiting for a Chief of Party (COP) for the anticipated USAID Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) Sanitation Activity. The project will seek to link the demand side of sanitation to a vibrant supply side for sustainable improvement in access to sanitation in rural areas, expanding market-based approaches and already demonstrated financing models to increase the demand for improved sanitation services in North and South Kivu, and parts of Kasai Orientale, Kasai Central and Lomami provinces. This is a 5-year project with an anticipated award size of $30-50 million.
The COP will provide overall leadership, management, and technical direction for the program – ensuring an integrated vision among diverse components and actors – to achieve the desired results. This position will lead program strategic planning and decision making and will be responsible for overall activities of sub-recipients. The COP will work directly with USAID and will be a key liaison to implementing partners and other stakeholders. This position will ensure full compliance with all USAID, DevWorks, and other fiduciary regulations and will oversee the project reporting process in line with donor requirements. The COP will supervise project staff including professional performance management and coaching.
- Minimum of ten (10) years’ experience in designing and implementing sanitation, hygiene and/or water delivery projects.
- Minimum of ten (10) years of work experience in developing countries, preferably in DRC or Central Africa
- Minimum five (5) years of successful experience as Project Director or Chief of Party of donor-funded technical assistance teams for projects of similar magnitude and complexity in developing countries.
- Understanding of and background in private sector service delivery approaches
- Previous experience in and ability to work in post-conflict and insecure operating environments
- Previous experience in a senior technical or management position on a USAID-funded project.
- Master’s degree or higher in Business, Development Management, Economics, Public Administration, or other related field.
- Demonstrated experience in progressively responsible supervisory positions, including direct supervision of professional and support staff; quality evaluation of staff performance and deliverables; and contracts/grants management.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to hold staff accountable for doing their jobs.
- Fluency in English and French are required