Senior Partnerships and Liaison Assistant
About UN University
For the past four decades, UNU has been a go-to think tank for impartial research on the pressing global problems of human survival, conflict prevention, development, and welfare. With more than 400 researchers in 13 countries, UNU’s work spans the full breadth of the 17 Sustainable Development Goals, generating policy-relevant knowledge to effect positive global change. UNU maintains more than 200 collaborations with UN agencies and leading universities and research institutions across the globe.
United Nations University Institute for Integrated Management of Material Fluxes and of Resources (UNU-FLORES)
UNU-FLORES develops strategies to resolve pressing issues in the sustainable use and integrated management of environmental resources such as water, soil, waste, energy, and other geo-resources that are of concern to the United Nations and its Member States — particularly in developing and emerging economies. Based in Dresden, Germany, the institute engages in research, capacity development, postgraduate teaching, advanced training, and knowledge dissemination to advance the Resource Nexus. For more details, please visit https://flores.unu.edu/.
Under the authority of the Director of UNU-FLORES, and the direct supervision of the Partnerships and Liaison Officer (P&L Officer), the successful candidate will be responsible for the following tasks:
- perform administrative tasks related to the P&L Officer’s activities such as minute taking, email and document preparation, coordination of attendees, and preparing required meeting content
- support with data entry to maintain the partnerships database
- support in the preparation of documents and processes to build a knowledge hub and draft guidelines for knowledge management
- contribute to the mapping and identification of potential partners and provide background research to aid in the building of partnerships for UNU-FLORES
- support in the preparation of strategic events
- support in reviewing research proposal applications
- perform other tasks as assigned by the supervisor and the Director
Required qualifications and experience
Required qualifications and experience include:
- a master’s degree in natural, political, or social sciences, economics, international studies, or communications with one-year postgraduate experience; a bachelor’s degree with a minimum of three years post-graduate experience may also suffice
- strong planning, organisation, and time management skills, with the ability to communicate clearly and efficiently
- proficiency in both oral and written communication in English and German
- must be flexible with the ability to establish priorities and work within prescribed timelines
- must have the ability to work independently and report work activities in a timely and proactive manner
- excellent team player with strong interpersonal skills as demonstrated by the ability to work in a multicultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity
- willing to travel both locally and nationally
- prior research experience would be highly desirable
- knowledge of additional languages is desirable
- proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and knowledge of database languages would be an asset
- project management experience, especially with multi-stakeholder projects, or advanced training in project management, would be an asset
UNU is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities to apply and become part of the organisation.
UNU has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNU, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination.
Duration of contract
This position is being offered as part-time (20 hours per week) employment on a one (1) year Personnel Service Agreement (PSA) contract with UNU-FLORES, with the possibility for renewal subject to fund availability and satisfactory work performance. The combined duration of appointments shall not exceed six (6) years.
The successful candidate will be employed under a personnel service agreement based in Dresden, Germany and will not hold international civil servant status nor be a “staff member” as defined in the United Nations Staff Rules and Regulations.
We offer a competitive (tax-exempt) net salary at the PSA 2 level with a monthly remuneration of EUR 1,329. This position carries an annual leave entitlement of 1.25 working days per month (a total of 15 days of paid annual leave), and a private health insurance coverage.
As soon as possible.