Hygiene Promotion TM
General Description of the Programme:
GOAL an International Humanitarian Organisation has had a presence in Turkey since 2013 and has been contributing to the migrant response since 2016 with a focus on responding to needs in health service delivery, social safety nets and the protection of vulnerable and marginalised migrants in southern Turkey.
GOAL has been working in Syria since 2013, responding to the acute needs of conflict-affected communities. GOAL is working in Idleb Governate, both through direct implementation and through partners, delivering food, non-food programming to highly vulnerable populations, and provision of Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) through support to Water units, as well as emergency support to recently displaced households.
The hygiene Promotion team member will form part of a team that communicates with communities on health and hygiene needs and concerns. they will also assist in programme strategy, to verify of information provided by various sources and communicate programme implementation strategy to stakeholders as part of the WASH intervention to safeguard and improve public health of the affected population by:
- Promoting safe WASH practices including appropriate use and maintenance of WASH facilities and services with focus on hygiene practices in camps.
- Ensuring appropriate community involvement in the design and delivery of essential WASH services and facilities.
By contributing to hygiene promotion sessions, awareness campaigns, and hygiene aids/kits distribution, the hygiene promotion team member will play important role in contingency/emergency response.
- And any other related tasks.
Duties, objectives, and competencies
- Commitment to specific tours and within the specified hours.
- Providing health awareness messages to beneficiaries through:
- Hygiene promotion campaigns
- Disseminating personal hygiene awareness messages.
- Conducting health awareness sessions, participatory sessions, discussions with beneficiaries, home and school visits, and campaigns on hygiene promotion with the aim of promoting preventive health concepts among individuals and the field of public health.
- Encouraging people to sterilize drinking water and raise awareness of diseases transmitted through water and sanitation.
- Sending reports periodically on hygiene promotion sessions and communicating with the line manager regarding the completion of hygiene promotion plans.
- University degree or institute in health or any related field.
- one year experience working in humanitarian organizations.
- Aware of the humanitarian situation in the area.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to withstand work pressure, ability to communicate information and good communication.
- Facilitate community level hygiene awareness campaigns.
- Assist in Organizing and Facilitating Training for camp community.
- Takes additional works as assigned by Supervisor and GOAL Management
- English language Good level (speaking and writing).
- Public Health background, Protection or similar
- Good knowledge of Sphere standards.
This Job Description only serves as a guide for the position available. GOAL reserves the right to change this document.
Interested? Then apply for this position via clicking on the "apply now" button and fill out the application form. All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages). Both must be in English. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Application Deadline 4-Dec-20
General terms and conditions
Children and vulnerable adults a must be safeguarded to the maximum possible extent from deliberate or inadvertent actions and failings that place them at risk of abuse, sexual exploitation, injury and any other harm. One of the ways that GOAL shows this on-going commitment to safeguarding is to include rigorous background and reference checks in the selection process for all candidates.
Accountability within GOAL
Alongside our safeguarding policy, GOAL is an equal opportunities employer and has a set of integrity policies. Any candidate offered a job with GOAL will be expected to adhere to the following key areas of accountability:
- Comply with GOAL’s policies and procedures with respect to safeguarding, Code of Conduct, health and safety, data protection and confidentiality, do no harm principles and unacceptable behaviour protocols.
- Report any concerns about the welfare of a child or vulnerable adult or any wrongdoings within our programming area.
- Report any concerns about inappropriate behaviour of a GOAL staff or partner.
This Job Description only serves as a guide for the position available. GOAL reserves the right to change this document. Any published closing dates are estimated. Due to the nature of GOAL’s work we aim to fill vacancies as quickly as possible. This means that we will close adverts as soon as we have found the right candidate and this may be before the published closing date. We would therefore advise interested applicants to submit an application as early as possible.