U.S. nationals: Interdisciplinary
About the Position: This position is being filled under the Direct Hire Authority for Post-Secondary Students and Recent Graduates.
The Walla Walla District US Army Corps of Engineers helps manage local water resources for navigation, flood damage reduction, disaster assistance, hydroelectric power generation, and other natural and heritage areas.
- Specialist in the river mechanics field of hydraulic engineering.
- Studies water and sediment movement for flood control, navigation, irrigation, and power.
- Perform field reconnaissance to determine hydraulic characteristics.
- Plan, coordinate, research, analyze, and present findings.
- Perform statistical analyses on raw hydraulic, hydrologic, and meteorological data.