America’s Combat Logistics Support Agency
The Defense Logistics Agency (DLA) is a U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) agency. DLA provides worldwide logistics support for the missions of the Military Departments and the Unified Combatant Commands under conditions of peace and war. It also provides logistics support to other DoD Components and certain Federal agencies, foreign governments, international organizations, and others as authorized.
Note: This position is being as a Term appointment, not-to-exceed three (3) years. It may be extended, in any increment, up to one (1) additional year, not-to-exceed a total of 4 years.
As an Environmental Protection Specialist, you will be responsible for the following duties:
- Develop policy, establish priorities, review procedures, validate requirements and offer professional guidance to comply with environmental laws and Department of Defense regulations/instructions.
- Provide advice and assistance to the Agency on environmental activities, regulations, and resulting procedures pertaining to environmental compliance, sustainability and resource conservation.
- Ensure environmental policy, objectives and operations are correlated and integrated with other program areas to achieve cohesive program delivery in concert with the Agency strategic plan.
- Collaborate with other agencies in areas of compliance, sustainability, and climate change adaptation to holistically support Agency goals.
- Provide professional correspondence on technical and policy areas related to environmental regulatory management via telephone, written correspondence, field visits and virtual/webinar applications to enhance the flow of knowledge.
- Occasional Travel
- Travel may be required
- See Conditions of Employment for requirements related to this position
To qualify for an Environmental Protection Specialist, your resume must support:
A. Specialized Experience: One year of specialized experience that equipped you with the particular competencies to successfully perform the duties of the position, and is directly in or related to this position. To qualify at the GS-13 level, applicants must possess one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-12 level or equivalent under other pay systems in the Federal service, military or private sector. Creditable specialized experience includes:
- Apply a variety of environmental protection laws, regulations, instructions, principles, and practices applicable to the environmental management responsibilities for an installation and/or Agency.
- Plan, organize, and oversee implementation of an environmental program and management system.
- Administer an environmental program involving such areas as compliance, sustainability, or climate change adaptation.
- Develop, analyze, and evaluate environmental programs, policies and procedures and their relationship to Agency objectives and mission.
Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency (knowledge, skills and abilities) in the following areas:
- Knowledge of environmental laws and regulations.
- Ability to manage an Environmental Compliance Program.
- Knowledge of Environmental Sustainability/Climate Change adaptation principles.
- Skill in written and verbal communication.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Work Schedule: Full Time
Tour of Duty: Flexible
Overtime Work: Occasionally
Security Requirements: Non Critical Sensitive with Secret
Drug Testing Designated Position: Yes
Fair Labor Standards Act: Exempt
Bargaining Unit Position: Yes
Financial Statement Filing Required: Yes
Emergency Essential: No
Reemployed Annuitant: Does not meet criteria
The DoD criteria for hiring Reemployed Annuitants can be found at:
For an explanation of the conditions of employment, please review the definitions at: