Postdoctoral Research Associate (Hydroecology)
- The Harte Research Institute for Gulf of Mexico Studies associated with Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi in Corpus Christi, Texas is seeking to fill a Postdoctoral Researcher Position in hydroecology. We seek an individual capable of performing interdisciplinary research combining hydrology and estuarine ecology at landscape levels. The researcher will perform synthesis research on the effects of freshwater inflow to estuaries at regional scales. The duties will include: 1) Discovering and aggregating diverse data sets on climate, hydrology, water and sediment quality, and biological communities. 2) Performing statistical analysis of data, including maps and storymaps. 3) Writing reports and manuscripts.
- Discover and aggregate diverse data sets on climate, hydrology, water and sediment quality, and biological communities.
- Perform statistical analysis of data, including maps and storymaps.
- Write reports and manuscripts.
- Collaborate with other members of the lab group, and mentor undergraduate/early career graduate students in the lab.
- Develop and seek funding for new avenues of research related to the goals of the Hydroecology group.
- Publish research results in peer-reviewed journals.
- Present research results at public meetings and national/international meetings.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Doctoral Degree in Marine Science, Ecology, Environmental Science, Oceanography, Engineering or closely related field.
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including experience communicating scientific findings to a broad audience.
- Experience in landscape or systems level research.
- Experience managing and analyzing large, diverse, data sets.
- Desire to work with a broad spectrum of collaborators, managers, and stakeholders.
- Experience with project management and ability to meet project goals in a timely manner.
- Experience with geographic information systems (GIS)
- Experience with Time series analysis
- Experience with SAS software
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution’s procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.