Water Institute Technology Leader
At Stantec, we approach every water and natural resource project we undertake—whether at the local, regional, or watershed level— thoughtfully, and execute it with excellence across all project phases. We partner with our clients to design fit-for-purpose solutions that address their communities’ unique needs throughout the water infrastructure lifecycle. Our experts lead their fields and guide our work with scientific rigor, an innovative spirit, and a vision for growth. We’re a place where you can apply your passion and collaborate with top talent on work that’s critical to our clients, our communities, and the industry at large.
Reporting to Stantec’s Wastewater Treatment Sector Leader, the Water Institute Technology Leader has two main areas of responsibility:
- Sustain and grow Stantec’s technology differentiation by driving innovative approaches in the water business through a position in the Stantec Institute for Water Technology and Policy.
- Develop systems-based, comprehensive solutions by aggregating technologies and novel approaches to solve the most complex problems affecting our clients.
- Be a champion to support and drive the wider and earlier adoption of promising technologies that address future mega-trends in the water industry.
- Organize and disseminate information and technology so that solutions that have been proven elsewhere, yet unknown in a local market, can be offered to local clients.
- Act as an active and visible thought leader in the water market by using a strategic marketing approach, focused on creating and distributing valuable and relevant content to attract and retain both clients and employees.
- Support and grow Stantec’s national clients and key accounts.
- Support business developers and help provide winning technical approaches to our key pursuits.
- Work closely with engineering practitioners to deliver technical solutions to support the execution of projects.
- Develop and execute a client-focused strategic growth plan for our key accounts.
- Help develop a strategic staffing plan focusing on key hires needed to grow our technological excellence.
YOUR KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for sustaining and growing the net revenue of the water business across all geographic regions within the Water business operating unit.
- Marketing focus on global and national clients and key accounts; assist account managers with global and national clients.
- Collaborate with the regional business leaders, discipline leaders, business center practice leaders, and account managers to grow the global and national clients and key accounts.
- Develop and help implement winning strategies for growing net revenue across the water business.
- Time allocation to include a blend of direct time on projects (approx. 1/4) and client- and proposal-specific marketing and business development (approx. 1/4); and the Stantec Institute for Water Technology and Policy (approx. 1/2). These ratios may change based on business line needs.
- Responsible for the health and safety performance of the water business.
- Oversee and supervise technical staff (where applicable).
- Responsible for people management including resource management processes, recruitment, career development, succession planning, coaching and mentoring, and leadership development of direct reports.
- Responsible for quality and innovation including compliance within the water business with the ISO-certified Integrated Management System and PM Framework.
- Assist in developing the annual business plan and budget for the water business line.
- Work directly with the regional business leaders, regional leaders, discipline leaders, and business center leaders to meet net revenue, gross margin, SG&A, and operating income targets.
- Other duties as assigned.
YOUR CAPABILITIES AND CREDENTIALS
- Industry leader in technical leadership of complex and strategic projects.
- Technical proficiency recognized as being at the highest level of their engineering field.
- Shapes discipline delivery strategies.
- Secures and delivers transformational projects.
- Drives integration efforts across the enterprise.
- Champions new ideas and initiatives and creates an environment that supports innovation.
- Demonstrates and fosters a sense of urgency and strong commitment to achieving goals.
- Applies appropriate short to long term strategic logic to decisions and initiatives.
- Thinks strategically about the range of market, business and/or economic issues likely to impact Stantec’s future.
- Establishes and promotes effective business operations.
- Applies financial knowledge and methods to address business issues.
- Leader in identifying issues associated with implementation of emerging technologies and appropriate courses of action.
- Accountable to develop effective strategies for business development, market penetration, and project positioning
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Engineering from an accredited institution. Graduate degree in Engineering preferred.
- Professional Licensure
- Minimum 20 years of related work or an equivalent combination of education (e.g., advanced degree) and experience. A minimum 10 - 15 years of experience executing technical aspects of a wide range of major and complex projects, including major Alternate Project Delivery (APD).
Ability to travel up to 50% of the time.
Job: Civil Engineer
Primary Location: United States-Massachusetts-Boston
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Manager
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time
Req ID: 2000020N
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans