Actual Media is seeking an energetic and water-loving ‘people person’ to work with our editor and publisher to manage the company’s water publishing and event division sales. The successful candidate will retain existing customers and build new relationships with brands and agencies who are engaged in the water industry across North America to create opportunities with Water Canada magazine (print and digital) as well as The Droplet newsletter and events such as Canadian Water Summit and Water’s Next Awards. We look for a candidate to deeply engage with clients by partnering with them on marketing and advertising campaigns that drive their goals, but also create value for our audiences.
This role reports directly to the President.
- Strong interest in thought leadership, high-quality content and digital media.
- Ability to take ownership and work independently to meet aggressive performance goals.
- Excellent and persuasive communication skills, including an ability to invent and deliver convincing arguments through spoken and written word.
- Strong interpersonal skills and strength in building lasting relationships.
- Energy, creativity, and charisma.
Primary job duties:
- Selling integrated advertising programs to an existing portfolio of customers and closing the sale on a high percentage of them
- Serving those customers and ensuring their retention while also prospecting for new customers and generally expanding the revenue base of the publication
- Maintain customer and prospect files, insertion orders, and notes with CRM system
- Develop and maintain strategic industry and event partnerships by being engaged with and taking an active role in the industries served by Water Canada
- Working with the Editor, Creative Director and other staff members, as peers, on content development, circulation, creative, and branding/marketing decisions related to the publication and Actual Media Inc.
- Proudly represent the magazine and company at industry trade shows, events and to friends
Roles and responsibilities:
- Cultivate strong relationships through a consultative process with client and agency decision makers seeking to engage the thought leader/influencer market.
- Develop and deliver winning cross-platform programs and proposals that lead to lasting and commercially successful advertising partnerships with a focus on integrated selling; an emphasis on branded content creation and innovative high impact advertising.
- Development and maintain deep knowledge of the market, categories, advertising business, and trends.
- Serve as a representative of Water Canada / Actual Media brands in a positive, convincing, and enthusiastic manner.
- Work cooperatively with Marketing Manager and Director of Business Development to manage sales pipeline and provide realistic estimates and view of revenue.
- Identify partners to complement Actual Media offerings.
- Manage multiple publication deadlines and marketing campaigns from start to finish and custom client projects from initial topic generation through to the completed product and delivery.
- Develop concepts, write and copy edit sales proposals and solicitation letters. Help produce press releases to promote magazine content and events, creation of copy and basic copy editing of client collateral as required.
- Regularly create and deliver sales presentations to existing and prospective clients.
- Come up with innovative ideas and client solutions to promote our clients and their offerings by leveraging the Water Canada brand and Actual Media’s agency services.
- Successfully turn prospects into clients and increase the spend of existing accounts to meet and exceed annual sales targets.
Actual Media Inc. is a specialized publishing, creative design and events management firm based in downtown Toronto that produces ReNew Canada — the infrastructure magazine and Water Canada — the complete water magazine. Actual Media works on the front lines of the infrastructure, water, and environment industry sectors, helping our clients advance their communication goals, promote their products, and sell their services.
Send resume and cover letter to Todd Latham; [email protected]. No phone calls, please.