Water Strategy Team Lead
GHD is proud of its 90+ year history in the Australian water market and we are seeking a passionate team and technical leader to drive their Water Strategy team within the Victorian Water Resources business group. This is a high-performing, innovative and passionate team, and you will have the opportunity to provide strategic leadership during a time of exciting work on key projects in the water sector. Our Water Strategy team delivers on a range of projects incorporating the development of strategies for the water sector, water resource modelling and planning, Integrated Water Management (IWM) plans, and precinct scale WSUD interventions.
Your team works on a broad range of local and national projects, delivering services across the full project lifecycle, from strategic precinct scale WSUD, catchment scale water planning, through to the technical delivery of exemplar WSUD projects. By viewing the water cycle as a whole, we can identify a diversity of water sources and develop IWM strategies that satisfy water demands, reduce the impact on receiving environments and lead to greener and more liveable urban environments. We use an IWM approach because it creates solutions that ensure the long-term well-being of the environment and communities in which we live, without jeopardising future generations' ability to survive and thrive.
This key position will provide a balance of leadership, technical work and project management. Some focus areas will include:
- Ability & willingness to mentor, train & invest in the development of 6 team members.
- Identify, win & deliver exceptional projects.
- Project & design management, from strategic assessments through detailed design.
- Embedding sustainability principles into our work in accordance with GHD’s commitment to advancing the UN Sustainable Development Goals.
- Collaborate with local & national colleagues to drive a safety culture throughout the business and across all Victorian offices.
We are looking for:
- Appropriate degree supported by a minimum of 10 years’ relevant solutions-focussed design and project delivery experience.
- A deep knowledge of the water industry and its long-term challenges, combined with strategy development skills and a passion for problem solving, to help develop sustainable, liveable and climate resilient water solutions.
- Genuinely enjoy engaging with stakeholders at all levels – team, peers, colleagues, leaders, clients.
- Proactive, professional, collaborative and personable approach.
- Commercially astute.
- High-level market awareness and business development skills with well-established personal relationships across the water sector with government agency clients, water authorities and industry peers.
Our commitment to you
Fostering gender balance, diversity and acceptance of flexible working is central to the way GHD does business. We offer a professional, friendly and inclusive culture based on our core values of Safety, Teamwork, Respect and Integrity.
In addition to a competitive salary, GHD provides attractive career options including professional development via our GHD Business School, additional leave, and family-friendly flexible work arrangements.
Be a part of a high functioning team, where everything we do is inspired by a level of passion and professional pride that comes from being employee owned. This ownership is what sets us apart and means our people enjoy an unrivalled amount of autonomy in their roles. It helps drive our passion and accountability in how we serve our clients, deliver projects, and pursue new opportunities.
Water has always been a part of GHD’s core business, and we are in an exciting stage of technological development and speed of innovation, which brings challenges and amazing opportunities.
So, do you have what it takes: passion, collaboration, imagination and values that match our own?
As one of the world’s leading professional services companies, GHD delivers iconic projects that shape our landscapes, support our communities and set the path of our collective future. To do this, we actively seek and nurture the very best people in their respective fields to join our team of over 10,000 professionals operating in the markets of water, energy and resources, environment, property and buildings, and transportation.
In return, we offer remarkable career shaping opportunities to extend your skills and gain global experience.
Interested? Apply now.
T +61 3 8651 9204
GHD is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities and invites applications from people of all nationalities, genders, and cultural backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders.
We respectfully ask that no agency resumes be presented at this stage.