General description of the position
Context: Yemen is one of the three emergency L3 in the world. The needs in the country are vey high and the context is very challenging. The mission is buidling up its emergency reponse capacity and the staffs are really motivated to do more and to do it better. It gives a real sense to humanitarian aid and this is very motivating!
WASH Intervention Strategy : Two main axes identified for the next couple of years:
- WASH in Nutrition: integrated intervention on factors leading to under-nutrition. WASH and nutrition response strategies, linking curative, preventive and longer term structural actions and acting on immediate and underlying causes of under-nutrition;
- Emergency Response: interventions in locations affected by the current conflict and/or where movement of population occurred and/or natural disaster and/or outbreak aiming at providing lifesaving activities, preventing outbreak and restoring the dignity of populations:
The position: Under the supervision of the Deputy Country Director, you will have to design ACF Water, Sanitation & Hygiene (WASH) country strategy and contribute to its implementation in order to maximize ACF impact.
More precisely, your main responsibilities will be:
Contribute towards definition and orientation of the planned programming strategy, especially for WASH sector:
- Analyze problems and solutions from field based operations
- Define and orient the WASH intervention strategies
- Ensure consideration of feasibility, sustainability and exit strategies in programming
- Write proposals and reports for donor submissions
- Guarantee the traversal approach of interventions between and with other departments
- Ensure monitoring and evaluation findings are incorporated into existing programs
Supervise the evolution of the humanitarian WASH situation in Yemen:
- Jointly with other partners, establish surveillance systems in intervention areas to establish trends and needs analysis
- Analyze monitoring data for WASH programs
- Identify uncovered needs in intervention areas and identify responses
- Write technical reports
Design appropriate emergency WASH programs for the mission:
- Monitor the evolution of possible crises through early warning indicators
- Plan or participate in rapid needs assessments
- Plan feasible and appropriate responses
- Participate in securing of funding/means through proposals or other mechanisms
Supervise the implementation of WASH programs in the country:
- Provide support from concept to evaluation
- Approve implementation methodology of projects
- Write field visit reports; identify lesson learnt from programs
- Provide support to assessment and evaluations
Support the WASH teams
Do you fit the requested profile ?
You hold a Master Degree in Hydro-geology Engineering or Civil engineering; you have a significant experience at least 3 years minimum in WASH activities in humanitarian context as well coordination experience.
You have a solid experience in strategy development and the proposal development process.
You have an experience remote management.
Fluent in English is required. Arabic would be a plus
Specific conditions / Salary
A specific allowance is granted for this position in addition to the gross monthly salary