About Imagine H2O Asia
Imagine H2O (IH2O), the water innovation accelerator, empowers people to develop and deploy innovation to solve water challenges. By partnering with industry leaders and an international network of customers and investors, IH2O has become a proven path-to-market for promising water technology startups. Participants benefit from access to customers and investors as well as mentorship, industry visibility, and deployment support. Since 2009, IH2O’s accelerator has supported over 100 water startups secure customers and receive more than $500 million of early-stage investment. IH2O is a nonprofit organization supported by corporate partners, foundations, family offices, municipal agencies and other government partners.
In 2019, IH2O launched its first dedicated hub outside the United States. Imagine H2O Asia (IH2O Asia) is a Singapore-based, regional accelerator program that aims to equip local and international water entrepreneurs with the resources to develop and scale their businesses across Southeast Asia and the wider region. To date twenty global startups have been selected to participate across IH2O Asia’s 2019 and 2020 programs. IH2O Asia is supported by Enterprise Singapore, SUEZ, ADB Ventures, and Kurita. The organization also coordinates closely with Singapore Water Association, PUB and a growing network of regional businesses and utilities to advance the market for water innovation.
About the Position
This is a unique opportunity to work with leading entrepreneurs, investors and market adopters to create sustainable solutions to the region’s water crisis. As Program Manager, you will take on an operating role within the accelerator program while serving as a mentor and advisor for participating startups and partners. In close coordination with the IH2O Asia team in San Francisco and Singapore, you will join a talented team that is building upon a successful track record to date while guiding the program’s continued evolution as a market-leading resources for entrepreneurs in the water sector.
Responsibilities may include the following responsibilities:
Water Technology Startup Evaluation & Mentorship
- Lead startup souring, outreach, and maintain startup database
- Coordinate both the evaluation and mentorship process, directly engaging the program’s dedicated mentors and advisory networks
- Conduct research on Singapore/Southeast Asian/Oceania water industry and innovation priorities
Accelerator Program Operations
- Support accelerator curriculum design and implementation
- Lead in-country or virtual accelerator events
- Manage local partners and key stakeholders
- Spearhead program KPIs monitoring and reporting
- Support program compliance, accounting and other administrative tasks
Business Development & Strategy
- Manage existing program networks of customers, investors and other partners
- Represent IH2O Asia at stakeholder meetings and industry events
- Identify and drive new potential partnerships to advance the program’s mission
- Liaise with Singapore and regional ecosystem stakeholders to support startup deployments
- Collaborate with IH2O Asia Director and team to develop and execute fundraising strategy
Marketing & Communications
- Support marketing efforts to promote IH2O Asia with local and regional media partners
- Draft marketing materials, press releases and other documents
- Support logistics and planning for IH2O events in Singapore
- A deep understanding of entrepreneurship or commercialization of new products/services
- A coaching mindset to supporting water technology startups
- Proven management skills in a fast-paced environment
- Experience working at (or closely with) early-stage startups
- >>> Experience in the water sector is preferred <<<
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2+ professional experience as a technical resource or program manager in water or environmental technology sectors
Singapore Citizens / Permanent Residents preferred
This is a full-time position. Salary is commensurate with experience. Imagine H2O is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Note that due to the high volume of applicants, we are only able to contact shortlisted candidates.
>>> HOW TO APPLY <<<
Send a resume and short essay to
Cover letters are not required. We ask that you title your resume as “Name_Resume_IH2O-Asia” and essay as “Name_Essay_IH2O-Asia”. Indicate in your email where you heard about the job announcement. Also, please include your LinkedIn profile. For the essay, please answer this question in 300 words or less: Why you are excited about supporting water innovation?
DEADLINE: Applications will be evaluated on a rolling basis.
This position is located in Singapore.