Intern (m/f/d) for agricultural water management/ irrigation systems in the project Water and Energy for Food (WE4F)
The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is implementing the Global Project (GV) Water and Energy for Food (WE4F) on behalf of the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ). The project is the German contribution to the international initiative Water and Energy for Food (WE4F) Grand Challenge.
The aim of the project is to promote innovations throughout the food value chain that ensure the production of more and better food with less resources (energy/water). Thus, the project concentrates on five fields of action: strengthening the skills and capacities of the selected innovators, skills development for end users and multipliers, improving access to suitable financing, improving political and sectoral framework conditions, and strengthening exchange among specialists at the regional and global levels.
The GIZ WE4F Steering Unit in Bonn is looking for an intern to support in general WE4F project management and technical advisory on innovations with a strong focus on agriculture water management.
Project and Stakeholder Management:
• Support in managing internal work processes and internal communication
• Participation in the conceptualization, preparation and follow-up of events (conferences, meetings, collaborations, etc.)
• Support in assessing the technical and economic viability of water/energy innovations for more sustainable agriculture and food production (especially in the field of agricultural irrigation systems and water management)
• Support in the conceptual design and implementation of global capacity development measures in the Water, Energy and Food context, including the development of advisory tools and guidelines.
- Student or near Bachelor’s degree in agriculture, environmental sciences/engineering with a strong focus on irrigation systems and agricultural water management
- Practical experience in irrigation agriculture and/or agricultural water management, ideally also in the African context
- Good knowledge on agriculture, water and/or energy
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and German (at least C1)
- Confidence in writing texts (German/English) and in preparing topics conceptually for different target groups (general public, political management level, experts, etc.)
- Enjoy working in teams and in an intercultural organization
- Quick comprehension and stress resilience, pro-activeness
- Interest in development cooperation is a prerequisite and international experiences in countries of the Global South is desirable
- Good knowledge of French (B2) is desirable
- Proficient usage of MS-Office programs (particularly Power Point, Excel, MS Teams).
Please be informed that you are only allowed to apply for this internship, if you are currently enrolled as a student or graduated not longer than six months ago from the start of your internship.
We pay a monthly stipend of €1.608,- (gross).
GIZ would like to increase the proportion of employees with disability, both in Germany and abroad. Applications from persons with disabilities are most welcome.
For further information, please contact Mr Thomas Breuer ( ).