DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Under the authority and supervision of the Director of UNESCO Jakarta Office, the incumbent will assume the following functions:
1. Liaising with different units of UNESCO Jakarta Office, UNESCO headquarters and field offices, and the Intergovernmental Oceanographic Commission/Sub- Commission for the Western Pacific (IOC/WESTPAC) Secretariat to ensure the development and smooth implementation of individual projects and inter-sectoral activities related to JFIT/Science activities;
2. Maintaining close contact with donor institutions in the Japanese government, and provide reports and information to them in a timely manner at their request;
3. Liaising, as necessary, with other partners such as government counterparts and project partners, and National Commissions for UNESCO, partners in Japan and other countries in Asia and the Pacific region;
4. Providing administrative and financial assistance and advice, including assistance in the provision of oversight of all administrative and financial matters concerning JFIT-funded projects in line with UNESCO’s administrative rules and regulations;
5. Working with the Science units of the Office in the planning, development, implementation and monitoring of JFIT/Science projects including the writing of the background papers and providing technical support and advice as necessary;
6. Monitoring the implementation rate and communicating it with the project officers, also facilitating timely discussions with the donor to get approval, if necessary, on possible re-programming of project activities and budgets; and
7. Promoting the visibility of JFIT/Science, through regular contributions to the UNESCO Jakarta Office’s website, office brochures, annual reports and other promotional materials.
8. Follow up to the JFIT Annual Review Meetings. The consultant will be responsible for coordinating the development of meeting reports, note keeping and following up on recommendations and action points.