The Wash Chief Engineer is responsible for maintaining and ensuring the quality of WASH activity implementation in his/her designated area under the direct management of WASH Project Manager
Chain of Command
Under the authority of: WASH project Manager
- Logistics Team
- PR Team
- AME Team
- HR Team
- Services Suppliers
- Local Authorities
- Implementing partners
Duties and Responsibilities
- Participating on planning and selection of suppliers, material, etc. and confirm the quality of services and materials.
- Ensure all work are being implemented to relevant quality standards. (humanitarian, engineering, ACTED standards .. )
- Contribute in preparing understandable BOQs with all the needed documents, technical requirements and the necessary drawings for various services.
- Review/approve submitted documents (reports, logs, drawings, BOQs … ) from field engineers.
- Maintain good communications and working relations with other stakeholders.
- Regular reporting on project status and achievements and, furthermore, consolidate program-related information into program database.
- Contribute in rapid/ need assessments.
- Report all issues, problems, anticipated delays rise in his/her designated area the program manager regarding the WASH services and the construction activities.
- Regular field supervision of construction, and rehabilitation activities of the WASH facilities, and infrastructure.
- Contribute in the technical assessments, engineering studies and designs for various WASH facilities and infrastructure.
- Minimum of Bachelor degree in Engineering (Civil, Mechanical, Water or environmental) .
- Minimum 3 years of Engineering experience.
- Minimum 2 years of Working in Humanitarian Organization in WASH department.
- 1-year minimum experience in management role.
- Ability to manage other staff.
- Preferred previous experience in solar system WASH projects.
- Experience in and willingness to work and live in a rural environment
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills, working with as a team member.
- Strong initiative and self-motivated, with a strong commitment to teamwork and humanitarian principle
- Ability to multitask with competing demands under tight deadlines and work under pressure.
- Fully computer literate (Microsoft Office) and AutoCAD is a must and other engineering software knowledge is an asset.
- Fluency in Arabic (written and spoken), English skills is a must .
How to apply
Interested and qualified applicants must apply by fill the application form by this link
Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.