SoCha, LLC is preparing a response for the upcoming Mid-term Performance Evaluation of USAID/Mali’s Girls Leadership and Empowerment Through Education (GLEE) Activity. The purpose of this midterm performance evaluation is to assess the progress made by the GLEE Activity toward expected results, determine what mid-term course corrections are needed, and use the findings to inform the design of future projects. The evaluation would take place between January – March 2021.
SoCha is looking for qualified individuals to fill the role of Evaluation Specialist, contingent on contract award. Malian nationals or expatriates with extensive experience working in Mali are preferred.
Scope of Work
Illustrative Functions of the Positions
The Evaluation Specialists will support the Team leader to conduct the mid-line Evaluation of GLEE. He or she will work with the relevant USAID mission in country of project.
There are 3 specialist positions required:
- Gender and Reproductive Health Specialist
- WASH Specialist
- Community Mobilization Specialist
Gender and Reproductive Health Specialist
The Gender and reproductive health specialist will be responsible for the analysis of the Gender integration in GLEE and the behavior change among adolescent girls toward family planning and reproductive health.
- Graduate in Health, or anthropology or sociology with strong experience in evaluating Adolescent reproductive health projects.
- 7+ year’s experience in analyzing gender roles in Malian society and how they are developed, reinforced or changed by family, schooling, the media recnt conflict or cultural traditions
- Experience in execution of gender analysis
- Strong experience in behavior change evaluation
- Strong expertise in Family Planning and Reproductive Health evaluation
The WASH Specialist will be responsible for analyzing the WASH achievements in GLEE. The WASH specialist will work closely with the Team Leader and the Evaluation Expert in providing comments on the English versions of the data-gathering instruments before they are field-tested. The WASH specialist will also review and comment on the successive drafts of the final report submitted by the Team Leader. As such, the WASH specialist will need to be familiar with the objectives and the methodology of the field research. The WASH specialist will have had experience in editing reports and studies on the primary education sector in Africa and preferably, in Mali.
- Master’s Degree in public health, or in integrated water resources management or equivalent degree
- Experience in implementing WASH programs at schools and community health centers
- Familiar with the objectives and the methodology of the field research.
- 7+ years of experience either in managing or evaluating wash facilities improvement.
Community Mobilization specialist:
The Community Mobilization Specialist will be responsible for assessing the degree of parental and community attitudes and support GLEE.
- 7+ years’ experience with NGOs involved in community development (Education, governance, gender, WASH)
- Fluency in Bambara or another local language
- Experience with interviewing techniques, quantitative research methods and data analysis
Mali, including travel across various regions
How to apply
To lodge an application, please lodge CV (in English) via the following link: https://jobs.socha.net/mali_evaluation-specialist-consultants/
Applications close 26 Nov 2020