Long and Short-Term Positions (Sri Lanka and Maldives Climate Change Adaptation)
For more than 25 years, Deloitte’s International Donor Organization (IDO) practice has worked with governments, donor agencies, NGOs, and private firms in over 60 countries to build the institutions, legal framework, and policies required for effective public and private sector growth.
Deloitte is a leading provider of innovative development solutions to international donors organizations (IDO), foundations, governments, and Fortune 500 companies. Our dedicated IDO team is the vanguard for the delivery of profound impact in the global development space in alignment to the UN's Sustainable Development Goals. With more than 1000 development experts around the world, Deloitte has implemented over 150 donor projects worth a total of more than $3 billion in more than 70 countries. Our work touches lives across the globe and that impact motivates our IDO community as well as the commercial success and professionalism that underpins all Deloitte work.
Deloitte is currently recruiting for a proposal pursuit for a pending United States Agency for International Development (USAID) program. Deloitte seeks a variety of short-term climate change experts for an anticipated multi-year, USAID-funded program for Sri Lanka and the Maldives intended to support climate change adaptation measures:
Climate Change Legal, Policy Analysts – Experience in climate change policy analysis; adaptation plan reviews; structural adjustment to low-carbon economy studies and financing adjustment cost recommendations.
Climate Change Economists – Experience in analyzing the macroeconomics effects of climate change, economics of structural adjustment of policies, and a cost-benefit analysis of climate change policy and adaptation options; estimating the costs of proposed climate change adaptation measures based on national climate change adaptation plans.
Climate Change Impact Specialists – Experience in climate change analysis and adaptation; support of climate impact assessment activities, including: (1) developing climate change adaptation models; (2) analyzing the impact of climate change scenarios on water, ecosystems, food, coastal areas, and health; and (3) identifying adaptive capacity to manage extreme and variable weather events.
Climate Adaptation Specialist – Experience in climate change adaptation planning with substantial knowledge of country adaptation assessments, identification of financing modalities, adaptation strategy development, preparation of action plans, road maps, and financing plans, and investment projects climate-proofing
Qualifications and Expectation Sought:
- A minimum of 7 years of subject matter expertise in global climate change issues preferred, in particular on climate change adaptation planning and policy development, vulnerability and adaptation assessments, public-private partnerships related to climate change, climate proofing, infrastructure, and local and national governance related to climate change.
- Experience with climate change projects in the developing country context, particularly in South and Southeast Asia and preferably with USAID and/or other donor organizations, such as ADB, the World Bank, and other bilateral donors;
- Advanced degree in environmental or climate change-related studies in public policy, economics, law, science, international cooperation/international development, engineering, or a related field, including experience working in Asian developing countries;
- Excellent written and oral communications skills in English; and
- Familiarity with the political, social, and cultural context of working in Asia.
The primary place of performance will be in Sri Lanka and the Maldives for long-term staff and travel to Sri Lanka and Maldives for international short-term staff.
About the Organization:
As used in this posting, “Deloitte” means Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Interested persons should please submit a cover letter and CV with references as a Word document, noting the position for which they are applying to email@example.com. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. This position is contingent on project award and funding.