CDP Europe, the world’s leading climate change charity, offers an internship on a voluntary basis for a period of 3 months to support our Southern Europe activities.
About the role: we are looking for a highly motivated individual, fluent in Spanish and English, with a strong background on sustainability and/or climate change; excellent communication skills and proven experience in organizing high-level events. This role is suitable for someone with knowledge or interest in climate change and business, and it will provide an opportunity to learn about corporate climate change reporting and to experience working in an innovative business-focused NGO.
About CDP: CDP works to transform the way the world does business to prevent dangerous climate change, safeguard water resources and prevent deforestation. CDP collects relevant annual climate, water and deforestation data from the largest companies (currently about 5,700) and the largest cities in the world (currently over 200) and holds the largest collection of self-reported climate change, water and forest-risk data. Our unique approach is based on the knowledge that in business, what gets measured gets managed.
The role includes:
- Growing CDP’s influence and effectiveness in the Southern Europe region
- Supporting the Regional director with:
- Engaging companies in the Southern European area throughout the disclosure phase of CDP’s reporting platforms;
- The organization of events including engagement of high-level speakers, participants, partners and funders.
- University degree and/or initial work experience in sustainability and/or climate change;
- Enthusiasm and keen interest in climate change, environmental issues and CDP’s work;
- Strong knowledge of greenhouse gas accounting and the business implications of climate change;
- Detail oriented;
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Experience with organizing events and event logistics;
- Fluency in Spanish and English; additional languages (Italian, Portuguese) are a big plus;
- Confident and capable of engaging with stakeholders at all levels;
- Demonstrated ability to pick up new skills quickly;
- Strong IT skills, including database management skills, fluency in MS Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint and the ability to learn new systems quickly;
- Demonstrated strong self-motivation and an ability to work effectively under pressure.
The successful candidate will be expected to work 5 days a week, normal office hours.
The position is open only for candidates enrolled in University. Furthermore, the candidate should be eligible to work in the EU.
The position is unpaid, but reasonable travel and lunch expenses will be reimbursed.
Interested? Interested candidates should send a copy of their CV with a Cover Letter outlining their suitability for the role to Antonio Santoro: [email protected] with “Internship Southern Europe – First name Last name” in the subject line and fill out the following questionnaire: https://cdpeurope.wufoo.eu/forms/internship-cdp-southern-europe/